The Scottish Gas National Short Course Championships concluded yesterday in Edinburgh with one British, two Scottish and two Scottish Junior records being set.
Lizzie Simmonds, who earlier in the meet broke the 50 meter backstroke British record, took down the British record in the 100 meter distance posting a time of 56.49.
The University of Edinburgh took down the Scottish National Record in the women’s 4 x 100 freestyle while the University of Stirling broke the Scottish Club Record in the men’s 4 x 100 freestyle.
The University of Edinburgh team consisting of Caitlin McClatchey, Emily Jones, Hayley Monteith and Kathryn Johnstone set the new Scottish record putting up a time of 3:42.17.
The University of Sterling team made up of Ryan Bennett, Rob Bale, Joshua Walsh and Jak Scott took down the club record posting a time of 3:16.40.
Sulemann Butt broke his second Scottish Junior Record of the competition in the 100 backstroke finishing in a time of 55.72.
There were also two Scottish records set in the 4 x 50 medley relay with Scotland three made up of Eloise Barber, Daniel Scott, Kathryn Johnstone and Rory Lamont breaking the Scottish record posting a 1:44.53 while Scotland J1 team consisting of Duncan Scott, Katie Stark, Chris McColm and Kara Hanlon took down the Junior mark posting a 1:49.55.
All in all there were five World Records, three European Records, six British Records, one British Junior Record, 16 Scottish Records, eight Scottish Junior Records, one Scottish Club Record and two Welsh Records set during the three day competition.
List of records is posted below:
- Lucy Walkup, S15 – (50m, 100m 200m breaststroke)
- Danielle Joyce, S15 – (50m back, 100m IM)
- Jack McComish, S15 – (50m, 100m, 200m breaststroke)
- Lizzie Simmonds – 50m backstroke, 100m backstroke
- Jack McComish, S15 – 400m freestyle
- James Clegg, S12 – 50m freestyle (Relay Lead off)
- Scott Quin, S14 – 200m breaststroke
- Andrew Barrett, 100m butterfly
- Craig McLean (Junior Record) – 100m IM
Scottish National Records
- Lucy Hope – 200m backstroke
- Charlotte McKenzie – 50m backstroke
- Kathryn Johnstone – 50m breaststroke
- Ross Murdoch – 50m breaststroke
- James Clegg, S12, – 100m butterfly
- Suleman Butt (Junior Records) – 100m 200m backstroke
- Duncan Scott (Junior Records) – 50m, 100m, 200m 400m freestyle
- Stefan Hoggan, S9, – 50m freestyle (Relay Lead off)
- Richard Schafers – 50m freestyle (equalled record)
- Scott Quin, S14, – 50m, 100m breaststroke
- Jack McComish, S15, – 200m IM
- Craig Rodgie, S14, – 50m butterfly
- University of Edinburgh (Caitlin McClatchey, Emily Jones, Hayley Monteith, Kathryn Johnstone) – 4x100m freestyle
- City of Glasgow Swim Team (Jamie Graham, Dan Scott, Robbie Renwick, Alasdair Stirling) – 4x50m freestyle
- University of Stirling (Kerry Buchan, Sian Harkin, Lauren Averell, Eloise Barber) – 4x50m freestyle
- University of Stirling (Kerry Buchan, Sian Harkin, Lauren Averell, Eloise Barber) – 4x50m medley
- Eloise Barber, Daniel Scott, Kathryn Johnstone Rory Lamont – Mixed 4x50m medley
- Duncan Scott, Katie Stark, Chris McColm, Kara Hanlon – Mixed 4x50m medley (Junior record)
- Richard Schafers, Lucy Hope, Lauren Averell, Mark Szaranek – Mixed 4x50m freestyle
- Ruairi Kirkwood, Katie Stark, Rebecca Murray, Duncan Scott – Mixed 4 x 50m freestyle (Junior record)
Scottish Club Record
- University of Stirling (Ryan Bennett, Rob Bale, Joshua Walsh, Jak Scott) – 4x100m freestyle
Welsh National Records
- Tom Laxton – 100m 200m butterfly