Indiana University assistant swim coach Mark Hill will leave the program after one season. His name has been removed from the school’s public roster, and Hill confirmed the news to SwimSwam on Friday. While he wasn’t prepared to discuss where he’s going next, but he did say that he’s “really excited for the future” and “grateful to IU for the opportunities” while he was there.
Hill came to Indiana last summer from the Old Dominion Aquatic Club, where he was the head age group coach for 1 year. Before that, he coached with Big Ten rivals Michigan as a volunteer from 2009-2012 and as a full-time assistant from 2012-2016.
Indiana has already had a hectic offseason; besides Hill leaving, they’ve had at least 3 transfers out of the program and at least 1 transfer in – Bailey Andison, from Denver.
Complete Coaching Resume
- Indiana – 2017-2018, assistant coach
- ODAC/Flow Swimming – 2016-2017, head age group coach
- Michigan – 2009-2016, volunteer assistant/assistant
- Club Wolverine – 2009-2016, assistant coach
- Trinidad & Tobago – 2013, assistant coach on Worlds Team
- Trinidad & Tobago – 2012, Olympic coach
- The Race Club – 2007-2008, assistant coach
- Washington College – 2005-2007, assistant coach