- November 10, 2017
- Storrs, Connecticut
- Meet Results
- Army 154.5, UConn 145.5
Courtesy of Army Athletics
A first-place finish in the 400 free relay propelled the Army West Point men’s swimming and diving team past undefeated UConn, 154.5-145.5, in a dual meet on Friday night at Wolff-Zackin Natatorium.
The Black Knights advanced to 2-1 in dual meets, while the Huskies took their first loss of the season and fell to 3-1.
- Army took seven events against the Huskies.
- Evin Rude stepped up for the Black Knights, winning the 200 free (1:39.24), the 50 free (21.00) and the 100 free (45.91) before anchoring the 400 free relay squad that came up in the clutch to seal the victory.
- Kevin Doo finished with the top times in the 200 fly (1:50.85) and the 100 fly (49.20), while also swimming the first leg of the 400 free relay.
- Tom Ottman also contributed in scoring by finishing first in the 1000 free (9:29.10) and second in the 500 free with a time of 4:36.33.
- The Black Knights took the all-time series lead 8-7 over UConn with the win.
- Diver Hudson Kay placed second in the one-meter (266.54) and three-meter (274.42).
“It was a great day at UConn,” head coach Mickey Wender said. “We raced hard and showed a lot of heart. It was very exciting to watch us come down to the last relay and come away with the win. I was very proud of our senior leadership, especially from captain Evin Rude. This is a great confidence boost as we head into the Terrier Invitational and the Star Meet.”
The Black Knights will return to the water next Friday and begin the three-day long Terrier Invitational, hosted by Boston U.