2022 ART ADAMSON INVITATIONAL
- November 16 – 18, 2022
- Texas A&M, College Station, TX
- 25 Yards
- Results: “Art Adamson Invitational” on MeetMobile
LSU senior Maggie MacNeil clocked the fastest 50 fly split ever this evening with a 21.85 as part of LSU’s third place 200 medley relay.
MacNeil took out the first 25 in a blistering 9.91, and returned in 11.94.
This swim comes after MacNeil posted the fastest-ever 100 butterfly split on last night’s 400 medley relay at 49.10. Erika Brown had held the previous best of 49.11, which she did in 2018 at SECs.
MacNeil’s previous best 50 fly split was from the 2019 Big Ten Championships, where she split a 22.39 for Michigan. After 2019, Michigan started using Olivia Carter on fly and switched MacNeil to backstroke, making this the first time since then that she has had an opportunity to go for a suited 50 fly split.
Virginia’s Gretchen Walsh held the previous best of 21.91, which was done unsuited at the Florida vs. Virginia dual meet in late October of this year.
MacNeil and Walsh have gone back and forth this season on fly. MacNeil briefly held the fastest-ever unsuited 100 fly earlier this season (50.84), but Walsh answered two weeks later with a 50.53.
Top 10 All-Time Butterfly Splits, Women’s 200 Yard Medley Relay:
- Maggie MacNeil, LSU — 21.85
- Gretchen Walsh, Virginia – 21.91
- Kate Douglass, Virginia – 21.95
- Kelsi Dahlia, Louisville – 21.96
- Alyssa Marsh, Duke – 22.05
- Kelsi Dahlia, Louisville – 22.07
- Olivia Bray, Texas – 22.17
- Kelsi Dahlia, Louisville – 22.21
- Louise Hansson, USC – 22.23
- Morgan Scott, Alabama – 22.26