Northeast Conference Women’s Swimming and Diving Championships
- Dates: Wednesday, February 19th – Saturday, February 22nd
- Times: Prelims 11 a.m. / Finals 7 p.m.
- Location: Zesiger Sports & Fitness Center, MIT (Eastern Time Zone)
- Defending Champion: Saint Francis University (x4) (results)
- Psych Sheets
- Live Results
- Championship Central
- Participating Teams: Bryant, Central Connecticut, Mount St. Mary’s, Sacred Heart, St. Francis Brooklyn, Saint Francis University and Wagner
Amanda Lucia opened the meet with a 400 IM victory for Wagner. Her 4:22.20 was less than a half-second off the Northeast Conference record. Lauren Doerrman of Bryant took second and Kara Lacoste of Wagner was third.
Erin Regan of Mount Saint Mary’s won a photo finish in the 100 fly with 55.73, nearly two seconds faster than her seed time. She edged out Kellen Power of Central Connecticut State by a mere .04, while Power claimed second place by .01 over Libby Francis of Saint Francis University.
Bryant’s Taylor DeBever (1:50.25) won a very close race against Wagner’s Meredith Ketchmark in the 200 free. Ketchmark’s teammate Sarah Menendez took third.
Elise Lofgren of Saint Francis University won the 100 breast in 1:02.69, two seconds faster than her entry time. Kristina Gulia of Central Connecticut State took second, only .10 ahead of SFU’s Catherine Rogers.
Wagner’s Anu Nihipali had a decisive win in the 100 back with 53.42, three seconds ahead of her fastest competitor. Sara Dieterich from Saint Francis University took second; Elisabeth Schauer of Bryant was third.
Wagner won the 400 medley relay as Nihipali (53.87), Kelsey Thomas (1:03.97), Lucia (56.08), and Menendez (50.77) combined for 3:44.69. Saint Francis University finished two seconds back; Central Connecticut State took third.
Standings After Day Three
1. Wagner College 562
2. Bryant University 431
3. Saint Francis University 371
4. Central Connecticut State University 368
5. Mount Saint Mary’s 221
6. Sacred Heart University 137
7. St. Francis College 123