North Carolina is 60 points back of Virginia Tech headed into the final day of competition, but they’ve really come through with a big final day. That includes 13 finalists, 9 of which are in the top 8: a bigger total than even Virginia. Those extra 5 A-Finalists as compared to Virginia Tech should be worth an extra 65 or so points, but 8 Virginia Tech B-Finalists, plus diving, will be a big edge for them. Florida State has a better shot at making up their 8-point deficit to get 2nd, if they can match the Tar Heels on the platform.
Don’t forget that there will also be the 1650 freestyle tonight. North Carolina’s good in that race too, though not having Stephanie Peacock for this meet makes them not quite as good.
(Scores after night 3, Up/Downs at bottom)
Team scores headed into the final day of competition
1. Virginia, University of 560
2. Virginia Tech 348
3. Florida State University 340
4. North Carolina State Universit 322
5. University of Miami (Fl) 288
6. University of North Carolina 287
7. Duke University 174
8. Georgia Institute of Technolog 122
9. Boston College 80
10. Clemson University Diving Team 9
|A Final||B Final||C Final|