14-year old professional swimmer Michael Andrew has signed his second major endorsement deal in June of 2013, inking a contract for sponsorship with Mutual of Omaha, a mutual insurance and financial services company based in Omaha, Nebraska.
Mutual of Omaha has been a huge player in swimming sponsorships, with the title endorsements behind meets (Duel in the Pool), clinic tours (Josh Davis’ Breakout clinics), USA Swimming as a whole organization, and American swimmers. Andrew is one of 7 swimmers of whom Mutual of Omaha announced sponsorships, though he’s by far the youngest of those 7.
Andrew joins a list of sponsored athletes that includes:
- Josh Davis
- Conor Dwyer
- Matt Grevers
- Misty Hyman
- Ian Crocker
- Jason Lezak
- Dana Vollmer
His first deal was with the supplement company P2 Life, which is the signing that officially forfeited his amateurism and his eligibility for high school and NCAA competition. Now he adds Mutual of Omaha as his second big sponsorship agreement.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Andrew is one of 7 athletes who were announced by Mutual of Omaha as being added to their lineup of swimmers on Tuesday, though the rest are considerably older. Also announced were:
- Anthony Ervin (2000 Olympic gold medalist in 50 free)
- Allison Schmitt (six-time Olympic medalist, including 2012 golds in 200 free, 800 free relay, 400 medley relay, American Record holder, six-time NCAA individual champion)
- Caitlin Leverenz (2012 Olympic bronze medalist in the 200 IM, American Record holder, three-time NCAA individual champion)
- Jimmy Feigen (2012 Olympic silver medalist in the 400 free relay, 2013 World Championship silver medalist in 400 free relay/100 free, two-time NCAA individual champion)
- Conor Dwyer (2012 Olympic gold medalist in the 800 free relay; three-time relay world champion, 2013 World Championships silver medalist in 200 free individually)
- Matt McLean (2012 Olympic gold medalist as a prelims swimmer in the 800 free relay, 2011 NCAA Champion in 500y free)
Mutual of Omaha is a Fortune 500 company with 2013 revenues of $6.6 billion.