Courtesy: Pepperdine Athletics
MALIBU, Calif. — Highlighted by nine first team selections, 14 Pepperdine swim and dive athletes won Pacific Collegiate Swim and Dive Academic All-Conference awards on Wednesday.
To qualify for these awards, student-athletes must not only be either sophomores, juniors or seniors, but also carry at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average. First team selections had at least a 3.5 GPA, second team selections had GPAs between 3.2 and 3.49, and honorable mention selections had GPAs from 3.0 to 3.19.
Of the 14 Waves to win awards this season, only senior Sammie Slater (Sonora, Calif./Sonora HS) is a repeat winner. She won her second All-PCSC Academic First Team nominee this year. The PCSC did not issue academic awards in the 2019-20 school year.
The full list of Pepperdine award-winners is as follows:
- Caroline Anderson (Las Vegas, Nev./Bishop Gorman HS)
- Sophia Anderson (Concord, Calif./Carondelet HS)
- Haley Bergthold (Fairfax, Va./Woodson HS)
- Audrey Camarillo (Folsom, Calif./St. Francis HS)
- Paulina Holmberg (Apple Valley, Minn./Academy of Holy Angels)
- Lindsey Marian (Tampa, Fla./Berkeley Preparatory School)
- Jenna Sanchez (Highland, Calif./Redlands East Valley HS)
- Sammie Slater (Sonora, Calif./Sonora HS)
- Paige Tattersall (Granite Bay, Calif./Granite Bay HS)
- Jasmine Williams (Folsom, Calif./Folsom HS)
- Kendall Brown (Rockwall, Texas./Rockwall HS)
- Allison Cho (Valencia, Calif./ Valencia HS)
- Olivia Kayye (Chapel Hill, N.C./East Chapel Hill HS)
- Paige Brackett (Folsom, Calif./Granite Bay HS)
- Emily Morton (Golden, Colo./Lakewood HS)
- Olivia Stotz (Western Spring, Ill./Lyons Township HS)
Pepperdine swimming and diving is coming off of its third-straight runner-up finish at the PCSC Championships. The team set school records in the 400 free relay, the 200 medley relay, plus senior Sammie Slater broke the program’s 200-yard freestyle record in her last race at Raleigh Runnels Memorial Pool. Outside of the pool, the team had a cumulative 3.57 GPA and earned CSCAA Scholar All-American team awards for the fall semester.
FOLLOW: Follow @WavesSwimDive on Facebook and Twitter for immediate updates, results and more. Go to PepperdineWaves.com for all information, releases and schedules.