2015 WORLD UNIVERSITY GAMES
- July 4th-July 11th, 2015 (Saturday-Saturday)
- Gwangju, South Korea
- Prelims 8:30AM/Finals 7PM (local time)
- Prelims 7:30PM (day before)/Finals 6AM (U.S. Eastern Time)
- Full meet preview
- Link to Day Four Prelims Coverage
- The official FISU feed: http://www.livefisu.tv
- In the United States: ESPN3.com
- Twitter: @swimswamlive
- Link to Day Four Finals Recap
Excerpt taken from our Day Four Finals Recap:
WOMEN’S 200 IM – FINALS
Madisyn Cox of Team USA led for the first 175 meters of the women’s 200 IM, but she didn’t have enough to hold off a charging Zhang Sishi of China. Zhang out split the field on the final 50 by over a second, finishing with a 30.99 freestyle leg for a final time of 2:12.31. Cox had a second lead after the breaststroke, but didn’t have enough down the final stretch to hold off Zhang. Cox finished second with a 2:12.77, earning the silver medal.
Ellen Fullerton of Australia earned the final spot on the podium, finishing third with her time of 2:13.48. Her teammate, Aisling Scott, was just off the podium in fourth with a 2:13.67.
Kim Seoyeong (KOR) finished fifth in front of a home crowd at 2:13.81, touching out Barbora Zavadova (CZE) and Luisa Trombetti (ITA) at 2:14’s.
Takahashi Miho (JPN) finished in eighth at 2:15.57.