Courtesy: America East
BOSTON – A weekend of dominant performances for Binghamton, Bryant, and UMBC as they all earned first place finishes in their meets. UMBC competed in the ECAC Championships where the men’s team won their second-straight title while the women’s team finished second out of 18 teams.
UNH is the sole team to compete this upcoming weekend, but will then join the other programs in a pause that extends through January 14th. These will be the last #AESD awards of the year and will return January 17th.
2022 #AESD Weekly Award Winners – Dec. 5
Jackie House, Vermont
- Placed first in the 100 free (51.89) and 200 free (1:53.06)
- Set the pool record in first place finish for the 500 free (4:59.46)
Ana O’Neil, UNH
- Broke personal career record in both diving events
- Scored 214.50 on 1m board
- Scored 239.25 in the 3m board
Oliver Gassmann, UMBC
- Named Most Outstanding Swimmer at the 2022 ECAC Winter Championships
- Won the 100 free (44:69), the 100 fly (44:67) and the 200 fly (1:47.99)
- Swam on the winning 200 and 400 teams, both breaking meet records
Bridger Thurston, VMI
- Placed second in both diving events at the Loyola Invitational
- Scored 237.15 on 1m board
- Scored 232.35 in the 3m board
2022 Weekly Award Winners
- Oct. 18 – Female Swimmer: Jackie House, Vermont; Male Swimmer; Tiago Asakawa, UMBC; Female Diver: Alicia Buteau, UMBC; Male Diver: Ryan Cohn, Binghamton
- Oct. 26 – Female Swimmer: Sophia Routzahn, New Hampshire; Male Swimmer; Xiaoyu Lin, Binghamton; Female Diver: Alicia Buteau, UMBC; Male Diver: Ryan Cohn, Binghamton
- Nov. 1 – Female Swimmer: Shelby Kasse, New Hampshire; Female Diver: Emma Clarke, New Hampshire; Male Swimmer: Elijah Lanfear, Binghamton; Ryan Cohn, Binghamton
- Nov. 8 – Female Swimmer: Abby McKinney, New Hampshire; Female Diver: Annika Overvig, Vermont; Male Swimmer: Elijah Lanfear, Binghamton; Ryan Cohn, Binghamton
- Nov. 15 – Female Swimmer: Isabelle Irani, Maine; Female Diver: Haylie Calver, Maine; Male Swimmer: Liam Blair, Maine; Male Diver: Riley Clark, Maine
- Nov. 22 – Female Swimmer: Hally Laney, Vermont; Female Diver: No Nominees; Male Swimmer: Liam Murphy, Binghamton; Male Diver: Ryan Cohn, Binghamton
- Dec. 5 – Female Swimmer: Jackie House, Vermont; Female Diver: Ana O’Neil, UNH; Male Swimmer: Oliver Gassmann, UMBC; Male Diver: Bridger Thurston, VMI
Courtesy: Vermont Athletics
BOSTON – Jackie House received an America East weekly award on Tuesday, December 6 in what will be the last honors awarded during the 2022 year. House was named the Female Swimmer of the Week for the second time this season.
America East Release
House receives her second America East Swimmer of the Week honor on the season, leading the Catamounts in a hard-fought dual meet against Binghamton and UMass. The Madison, Wisconsin native earned three individual first place finishes, set a pool record, and helped lead her relay team to a second place finish.
The Catamounts defeated Binghamton 200-100 but fell against UMass 178-122 while House dominated in the freestyle events claiming first in the 100, 200 and 500 free. In the 100 free she finished in a time of 51.89, a full second ahead of the next closest swimmer. In the 200 free, she blazed to a first place finish in 1:53.06 almost four seconds ahead of the field. In the 500 freestyle she claimed a Joseph R. Rogers Jr. Pool record finishing in just 4:59.46 almost five and a half seconds ahead of the next closest swimmer.
The Catamounts, along with much of the America East, will have a month break from swimming competitions with the next matchup not coming until Sunday, January 15 against Siena. That meet is scheduled to start at 1 p.m.
2022-23 America East Women’s Swimming & Diving Awards
Oct. 18 – Jackie House – America East Female Swimmer of the Week
Nov. 8 – Annika Overvig – America East Female Diver of the Week
Nov. 22 – Hally Laney – America East Female Swimmer of the Week
Dec. 6 – Jackie House – America East Female Swimmer of the Week