Vermont at Stony Brook
- Vermont def. Stony Brook 171-119
- Stony Brook, N.Y.
- Nov. 10, 2018
Courtesy: Vermont Athletics
STONY BROOK, N.Y. – The Vermont Catamounts (4-2) won the first three events and won 11 events in total at Stony Brook (0-3) en route to a 171-119 victory Saturday morning at University Pool in Stony Brook, New York.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Vermont’s 200 medley relay team of Morgan Montgomery, Haley Gula, Julia DeGregorio, and Kira Parker (1:51.58) took a narrow victory over Stony Brook in the meet’s first event. Montgomery (2:07.32) also won the 200 back and Parker (54.37) took first in the 100 free.
- Maddy Kovacs and Katie Rivers combined to finish first and second in the 1,000 free with respective times of 10:54.98 and 11:17.87. Kovacs later finished second in both the 100 free (56.47) and 500 free (5:21.22).
- Kristina Posnick grabbed wins in the 200 free (1:58.25) and 500 free (5:15.45). Sierra Sexton took second in the 200 free (2:00.53) and later won the 50 free (25.28).
- DeGregorio (1:00.75) and Laura Pringle (1:02.21) combined to finish 1-2 in the 100 fly. DeGregorio (2:16.26) and Colleen Driscoll (2:16.34) combined to take the top spots in the 200 fly.
- Brenna Cetrone swept the boards with a score of 262.10 in the 1-meter dive and a score of 256.05 in the 3-meter dive.
Vermont heads to Smithfield, Rhode Island for a meeting with the Bryant Bulldogs tomorrow (Nov. 11). The meet is slated to begin at 11 a.m. at Chace Athletic Center Pool.
Courtesy: Stony Brook Athletics
STONY BROOK, N.Y. – The Stony Brook women’s swim team claimed five victories in the home opening meet of the 2018-19 season against Vermont on Saturday morning at University Pool.
The Seawolves dropped the meet to the Catamounts 171 to 119, despite the five victories.
- Junior Kylie Danin (West Islip, N.Y.) claimed the 100 yard backstroke with a time of 59.02.
- Freshman Jess Salmon (Rexford, N.Y.) won the 200 yard IM with a time of 2:15.37, 16 seconds faster than her closest opponent.
- Sophomore Sara Chin (Long Beach, Calif.) won the 100 yard breaststroke with a time of 1:07.66. She also claimed the 200 yard breaststroke with a time of 2:26.63.
- Stony Brook won the 200 yard freestyle relay with a time of 1:44.07. The swimmers where Kylie Danin, freshman Emma Waechter (Lewiston, N.Y.), Sara Chin and freshman Barbara Delaney (Albany, N.Y.).
- The Seawolves also finished second in the 200 yard freestyle relay with a time of 1:45.39 with swimmers freshman Haille Bogumil (Bradenton, Fla.), freshman Yurika Tomita (New York, N.Y.), freshman Caroline Dunn (Brookville, Md.) and freshman Gabrielle Matiszik (Milwaukee, Wisc.).
The Seawolves will return to the pool on Saturday, Nov. 17,