USA Swimming will hold its first-annual marketing conference entitled #SwimBiz: Social Media, Sponsorship and Swimming. The marketing-focused conference will be held in Colorado Springs Sunday, March 29 – Tuesday, March 31, 2015.
#SwimBiz will focus on growing participation, increasing revenue and promoting the sport. A signature of the conference is the “Social Media Boot Camp” followed by a food truck tasting event at the Colorado Springs Marriott. There will be presentations on social media, advertising, branding, communications, sponsorship and local promotion for clubs.
Attendees will include swim teams, LSCs, learn-to-swim leaders, other National Governing Bodies and more.
“USA Swimming offers so many great resources on the ‘wet’ side of the sport, we felt we could provide a fun, entertaining and educational conference on the ‘dry’ side as well,” said USA Swimming Chief Marketing Officer Matt Farrell. “Whether attendees are new to social media and sponsorship or pros, the program will help everyone promote the sport and network with other clubs and our corporate partners.”
“Sports now compete with each other to get kids to join. We see #SwimBiz as part of the effort for the sport to go on offense to more aggressively tell our story of the benefits of a swim team. That has to be done locally, so our goal is to arm teams with the skills to do this!”
— Matt Farrell, USA Swimming Chief Marketing Officer
Featured speakers are from USA Swimming, the U.S. Olympic Committee, NASCAR, UNLV, Groundfloor Media, Nation’s Capital Swim Club, Floaties Swim School, Minnesota Swimming and more. For more details on #SwimBiz, please visit: usaswimming.org/swimbiz.
- Social Media Bootcamp with Introductions to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for Business
- Mom Drives the Bus: 10 Insights into How Families Make Sport Decisions
- Mamma-razzi & Local PR in the Digital Age
- Let the Choir Sing: How Word of Mouth Marketing Gets New Kids to Your Program
- #BeTheNextFirst: Insight into USA Swimming Multicultural Strategy
- Two Free Programs at USA Swimming To Promote Your Club That You Didn’t Know About
- The Great Logo Make Over: 10 Ways to Make Your Logo Not Suck*
- *Want a logo makeover for your club? Email us at [email protected] to find out how to get your logo redesigned for free from USA Swimming Art Director Matt Lupton to be unveiled at #SwimBiz. We will pick the best, err, worst, submission to feature.
- What’s a New Swimmer Worth (And Why Spending Some Marketing Dollars is Worth It)?
- Tiny Budgets, Big Results: A Guide to Facebook Advertising
- Don’t Throw Your Followers in the Deep End: Talking to Fans, Families and Phelps Fanatics at the Same Time
- Social Media Pitfalls Panel: Are SafeSport & Social Media at Odds? (Hint: No)
- Likes, RTs and Shares: A Guide to Creating Content That Makes People Click
- ABC = Always Be Closing: 10 Must Have Items in Any Sponsor Proposal
- Your Assistant Coach is Smarter Than You: 10 Ways the Millennials Are Leading Social Media & Change
- Texts, Telephones and Tell a Friend: Tips for Keeping Swim Families Connected
#SwimBiz Club Marketing Awards
The #SwimBiz Club Marketing Awards will recognize the best local marketing and promotional efforts in the sport. Clubs will nominate their best marketing campaigns/ideas from the year. Through a combination of online voting and a panel of experts, USA Swimming member clubs will be recognized for awards Awards will be handed out at the #SwimBiz Club Marketing Awards Dinner. Stay tuned for the categories and submissions process!
LATEST #SWIMBIZ NEWS
- 100 total registrations so far (we are projecting 125-150)
- Clubs attending include SwimMAC, Dynamo, Pine Crest, Machine, Longhorn, KC Blazers, Swim Neptune and more
- Other organizations attending – SwimOutlet.com, 6 other NGBs, Breakout Swim Clinics, U.S. Masters, ASCA and more
- Food trucks are confirmed
- AT&T will providing mobile charging stations for attendees
- The “#SwimBiz Club Marketing Awards” have launched and we are accepting nominations
For the full schedule and registration details visit www.usaswimming.org/swimbiz or share it on social media with the #SwimBiz hashtag.
Swimming News is courtesy of USA Swimming.