The UNLV men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams open the new year at home for the first time this season on Friday, as the Rebels will host a series of short, spectator-friendly events in the Friday Night Shoot-Out vs UC Santa Barbara at 5 pm in Buchanan Natatorium. On Saturday, the men and women will face the Gauchos and the Falcons of Air Force in a double-dual meet.
The Rebels faced off last week in a dual meet against CSU Bakersfield at the Hillman Aquatic Center in Bakersfield, Calif. The Rebel men and women came out with the wins against Cal Baptist 155-143 and 181-119, respectively.
The men’s squad have been paced this season by senior Tom Paco-Pedroni, who’s first in the WAC in the 100 free (43.00) and 100 IM (50.45) while also being fourth in the 200 free (1:37.55).
The Rebel women are highlighted by last weekend’s triple-event winner Kyndal Phillips, who took first in the 100 (58.48) and 200 (2:06.72) backstroke as well as the 100 fly (57.51).
• Or Sabatier has earned a ‘B’ cut in the 100 free (43.90) ranking fourth in the WAC.
• Kasey Foley ranks sixth in the WAC in the 50 free (20.01, ‘B’ cut) and 100 free (43.99, ‘B’ cut).
• Avi Cohen sits fourth in the 200 fly (1:48.69) for the conference.
• Ida Schutt ranks second in the 100 IM (57.51) and fourth in the 400 IM (4:18.93, ‘B’ cut).
• Sophia Carnevale is currently second in the Mountain West in the 100 breast (1:02.05) and fourth in the 100 IM (58.30). She is also fifth in the 200 breast (2:15.90, ‘B’ cut).
• Goezde Tekin sits third in the Mountain West in the 200 fly (2:01.82) while Kimberly Hendrick is fifth (2:02.35) in the same field. Her twin sister Kristina Hendrick is third in the 200 IM (2:02.46).
News courtesy of UNLV Athletics.