Video courtesy of Indiana State University and Coleman Hodges.
Over the last ten months Indiana State University has been building a new swimming & diving program from the ground up, and the Sycamores have partnered with SwimSwam to give you a front row seat to the process.
In the lastest installment from our ongoing video series about the project, ISU head coach Matt Leach talks about how important it is to gather together recruits from diverse geographic regions. He has included West Coast swimmers on purpose, both for what they can bring to the program and for what they can learn from swimming in the Missouri Valley Conference and against other neighboring teams.
The first Sycamores swimming class will consist of fall recruits Emily Boomershine, Cierra Campbell, Allie Engstrom, Mykenzie Kostka, Jacquie Price, Emily Ratliff, Cori Taylor, Zoe Williams, and Danielle Yagelski; as well as spring recruits Taylor Christie, Kendall Hansen, Alex Malmborg, Katherine Minatra, Tessa Muzzy, Blanca Saez-Illobre, Laney Recer, and Courtney Skelley.
This video serves as the ninth installment of a series giving an inside glimpse into the building of a new program, a partnership between the Indiana State Sycamores and SwimSwam. You can watch the other videos here:
- The Beginning of Indiana State Swimming and Diving
- Indiana State’s Inuagural Recruiting Season
- New Indiana State Aquatic Center Grand Opening
- Indiana State Announces Fall Recruits
- Indiana State Preps for Inaugural Season
- Indiana State Announces Spring Recruits
- Matt Leach Talks Recruiting Philosophy
- Matt Leach Explains Absence of Divers in Inaugural Class