Press Release courtesy of SwimMAC
SwimMAC is once again excited to host the premier Long Course meet in the southeast. The 2018 Ultraswim will be June 14th-17th at the Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center. The meet is designed to benefit professional athletes, collegiate teams, and club programs in an effort to create an exciting swimming experience with a focus on great competition, an optimal format, and classic Charlotte hospitality. With world class officials and meet support staff, SwimMAC Carolina is excited to bring a high level of racing to Charlotte!
The meet format is setup to optimize competitive opportunity and athlete-friendly logistics. The event will begin on Thursdayafternoon, allowing for morning travel for anyone within 3-6 hours of Charlotte. Sunday’s sessions are scheduled to finish as close to 1Pm as possible.
Session Schedules for Travel Planning
• The meet will begin Thursday afternoon (2:30PM warm up, 4:00PM start), allowing for morning travel to Charlotte.
o Thursday events will include preliminaries AND semifinals of the 50s mixed with Olympic Distance events.
• Friday and Saturday will be prelims-finals sessions with the morning start times to be set after entries are in.
o Finals will feature the top heat of mixed relays.
o The 50 events will continue with the top 8 super-semi (Friday) and top 4 finals rounds (Saturday).
• Sunday will feature an early non-Olympic distance session followed by a mid-morning session with 100 free & 400 IM.
o The 100 Free/400 IM session is scheduled to allow convenient hotel checkouts and is set to finish as close to 1PM as possible to encourage safe travel home.
o The 100 free will be swum as prelims (before the 400) and finals (after the timed finals 400 IM).
Unique Event Formats will provide the 50 “Shootouts” that are held throughout the competition from Thursday to Saturday night. Mixed relays will be an exciting new feature designed to get everyone on the team involved. This is a scored team meet so bring your best relays! Swimmers focused on longer (400 and up) events will find this format allows for plenty of swims and a Distance Ace award for the combined results of the 400 and up events.
This year’s event will continue to feature a great atmosphere of hospitality & some unique amenities including:
• On site sports medicine and recovery work from Novant Health
• Athlete and coach hospitality to keep you fueled throughout the day
• On site healthy food vendors for athletes to get recovered
• For collegiate programs SwimMAC will host family housing
Please refer to the meet information for details on ncswim.org – entries are available in January via OME (the meet will be capped at 600 swimmers and meet standards will be set to US Swimming Futures standards).