THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
Ranney School is seeking an Aquatics Director for its aquatic program for 2015-2016 academic year.
To organize and supervise the aquatic program at Ranney School. The position includes faculty supervision specific to aquatics, curriculum development, and scheduling certified swim instructors to support swim instruction at Ranney School. The position also includes coaching and the development of a new program to advance swim instruction to participating members of the outside community. The Aquatics Director also oversees the care and operation of the facility, (an indoor pool and locker room) which includes managing filter system, water testing and temp control as outlined by the State of New Jersey Board of Health.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferable, in physical education, or a related area, and must possess educational programming and administrative experience.
All interested and qualified candidates should visit our website at www.ranneyschool.org, and should send a cover letter, resume, personal statement and names and phone numbers of at least three references to:
Please include the following job title in the subject line: Aquatics Director
RANNEY SCHOOL 235 Hope Road Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
No calls please.
Division: Athletics and Physical Education (P.E.) Department
Reports to: Director of Athletics and P.E. Department Chair
Schedule: Faculty- 10 month schedule (September 2015 start date)
Ranney School Instruction- Beginners to Grade 12
• Aquatic Director shall be supervised by and report directly to the Athletic Director and the PE Department Chair.
• Develop a swim curriculum that is progressive in nature to teacher children to swim and outlines a respect for water safety for students from Beginners (3 years of age) through Twelfth Grade.
• Support the supervision of the boys’ locker room.
• Prepare student report Beginners through Twelfth grade for each marking period that outlines students swimming skills, progression and goals of the swim program at Ranney School and goals for the student.
• Communicate with parents of students who are having difficulty or are excessively unprepared for class.
• Test students at the end of the first and third marking periods to evaluate skills.
• The Aquatic Director shall be the Head Coach of the Varsity Swim Team.
• The Aquatic Director supports the development of a coaching staff and teaching staff specific for swim instruction and competitive swim programs.
• Order team equipment.
• Organize swim practices and meets.
• Organize and market swim Instruction programs for community outside of RS.
• The Aquatic Director should be the leading advocate for swim instruction in Monmouth County and is expected to develop a program that is open to children learning to swim. In doing so, supporting the staffing, marketing and coaching of such program is important.
FACILITIES AND OPERATIONS
• Schedule after school swim programs.
• Order or repair pool equipment
• Order first aid equipment.
• Provide necessary immediate first aid for pool related injuries.
• Test and record PH and Free Chlorine levels every two hours of pool use.
• Keep a log book of water tests.
• Keep a log book of weekly laboratory water tests.
• Discretely keep track of health problems of students, which could be aggravated
• by water or physical exercise.
• Communicate to school administration or school nurse any evidence of illness,
injury, skin rash, or bruises.
• Order pool chemicals as needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Ranney School is a leading, independent college preparatory co-educational day school for beginners (age 3) to Grade 12, located on a beautiful campus in Tinton Falls, Monmouth County, New Jersey. The school’s mission of academic excellence and character education fosters student achievement, leadership and service. These same qualities are nurtured within our exceptional summer programs.
235 Hope Road Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
Swimming Job / Swimming News courtesy of the Ranney School.