The Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA is an equal opportunity employer. The Y considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or other protected classification and in accordance with applicable laws. Page 1
PHILADELPHIA FREEDOM VALLEY
JOB TITLE: Assistant Swim Coach JOB CODE: 2100P
LEVEL: 5 FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Head Swim Coach LOCATION: Ambler YMCA
Under the direction of the Aquatic Director and Head Coach, the Assistant Swim Coach is expected to provide support and encouragement to assist swimmers in learning the specific progressive or competitive program. Ensure safety and cleanliness of the program area and adherence to all YMCA safety standards and rules.
- Lead swimmers through skill mastery and swim practices
- Provide a safe environment that allows swim team participants to learn YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving.
- Encourage and support swimmers to provide an enjoyable YMCA experience.
- Evaluate swimmers skills; provide skills needed to master strokes.
- Ensure fair practice and swim meet experience
- Coach must supervise the entire swim meet, including warm-ups, practice dives, events, etc., ensuring the safety of the swimmers
- Conduct practices with energy and enthusiasm
- Provide support and encouragement to participants
- Incorporate character development objectives into the program to reinforce the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Regularly check equipment for necessary repair or replacement
- Provide excellent service to members and participants. Communicate all YMCA rules and ensure that you are accessible and identifiable.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required
- Provide excellent service to members and participants. Communicate all pool rules and ensure that you are accessible and identifiable.
- Perform other related duties as required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA Staff is responsible for the following:
o Maintaining a clean, well-groomed appearance while on duty and keeping in compliance with the Association and Department Dress Code Policy
o A continued commitment to member satisfaction by ensuring excellent Member Experience
o Maintaining the safety of all members and staff by identifying and correcting risk situations, writing incident reports, etc.
o Ensuring the overall cleanliness of the facility
o A commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
o Keeping the children in the care of the PFVY and participating in programming within the branches safe from harm and reporting signs and suspicions of abuse when necessary to the requisite state agency
The Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA is an equal opportunity employer. The Y considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or other protected classification and in accordance with applicable laws.
Wet and/or humid, high levels of noise, exposure to weather during summer months, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals
Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information and to convey detailed, spoken instructions to staff, members, and volunteers accurately, quickly, and loudly; ability to perceive the nature of sounds by ear; running quickly on land then safely entering the water; advanced swimming ability; surface diving and swimming underwater to a specific depth; recovering a casualty from deep water to the surface; towing a casualty to a point of exit from the water; lifting, carrying or/or dragging a victim to a point of safety; Ability to sprint on land; ability to lift and carry over 100lbs under water; ability to pull and drag large objects; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; ability to tread water for long periods of time; ability to clearly see at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more ; ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are
- 18 years old with High School Degree or equivalent, 2 years of directly related experience in developing and conducting programs.
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including nights and weekends.
- Know any computer software that is used for the running of meets and swimmer line ups.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills; possess a passion for member service, building and maintaining a culture of member service excellence
Acquire and maintain the following certifications:
o CPR Pro/AED/O2 (valid 1 year)
o First Aid (valid 1 year)
o Requisite Redwoods Online Trainings (valid 2 years unless otherwise noted)
o YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming & Diving
o USA Swimming Coach Level 1( if applicable)
o Red Cross Lifeguarding, YMCA Lifeguarding, or Red Cross Safety Training for Coaches
At the YMCA we value the following attributes in personal character and behavior and believe that they are essential to attaining our mission:
CARING Showing a sincere concern for others.
HONESTY Be truthful in what you say and do.
RESPECT Follow the Golden Rule.
RESPONSIBILITY Be accountable for your promises and actions.
OUR MISSION:To translate the principles of the YMCA’s Christian heritage into programs that nurture children, strengthen families, build strong communities and develop healthy minds, bodies and spirits for all.
Employee Name: _________________________
Signature: _______________________________ Date:___________________
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume to Erica Pfaff at [email protected]
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of the YMCA.
The fee to post a Swim Job is $50. If you have an open position in the Aquatic Jobs / Lifeguard Jobs market, submit here.