LADERA OAKS SWIM, TENNIS AND FITNESS CLUB
3249 Alpine Road, Portola Valley, CA 94028 www.laderaoaks.com
Ladera Oaks is a family-oriented swim, tennis and fitness club known for and committed to providing exceptional facilities and high quality programs that delight our members in peaceful surroundings. Founded in 1958 and conveniently located just off Highway 280 on four creek-side acres in the beautiful Portola Valley foothills, Ladera Oaks is a private, 525 member-owned Club where children, adults and families can grow, make friends and enjoy healthy activities year-round.
Our facilities include
Two full-sized and year-round heated pools. The lower pool is kept warmer (90 degrees) for children and families and our swim lesson program; the upper pool temperature (81 degrees) is set ideally for adult lap swimming and our competitive swim teams.
Six lighted tennis courts
A fitness center with tranquil creek views and a broad range of cardio and strength-training equipment.
A large ballroom/studio space for classes such as yoga, workshops on injury prevention and nutrition, and social functions such as wedding receptions and corporate team building events.
Ladera Oaks has previously offered swim lessons to its members and non-members through an independent vendor. This June it will be bringing its year-round swim lesson program in house and is currently seeking to hire experienced swim Instructors to work on a year-round full time basis beginning June 2016 and additional experienced swim instructors to work on a year-round part-time basis beginning June 2016. Our swim instructors will provide instruction for students from the ages of six months to adult.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION DESCRIPTION
FLSA: Non-Exempt and Regular Full Time and Part Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Ability to teach proper swimming techniques in a safe, positive and healthy manner to a various levels and age groups in accordance with the Club’s instructional guidelines
- Observe students to detect and correct improper technique
- Ability to select appropriate drills and evaluate the student’s progress
- Engage participants with fun and dynamic instruction
- Responsible for set-up and clean-up of lesson area
- Ability to keep and maintain accurate student progress records
- Present proper demonstration and explanation of swimming skills and techniques, analyze and correct performance, minimize fear, and use appropriate teaching devices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents in a professional and positive manner
- Attend staff and training meetings as required
- Prior aquatics experience teaching swim lessons and/or coaching swimming
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for teaching swimming and water safety to both children and adults
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Ability to work Saturday, Sunday and weekday afternoon/evening shifts when needed
- Must be a customer service oriented team player
- CPR Certified within first 3 months of employment
- Must be able to teach in the water for a minimum of 3 hours
- Prior Experience working with children and creating a positive environment for their development is a plus
- Prior experience as an athlete in competitive swimming, diving, or water polo also is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Ladera Oaks.
The fee to post a Swim Job is $50. If you have an open position in the Aquatic Jobs / Lifeguard Jobs market, submit here.