Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Member Engagement, in cooperation with other YMCA staff, and consistent with the Mission of the YMCA, the Aquatics Director for the Harris YMCA will be responsible for developing, coordinating and supervising the aquatic programs, facilities and operations at the Harris YMCA.
• Support and participate in all aspects of the Association Strategic Plan and Member Connection Initiatives.
• Support and participate in all Y Communities initiatives.
• Develop and manage the annual budget for the Harris YMCA Aquatics program within approved budget guidelines.
• Supervise and evaluate the Associate Aquatics Director of the Harris YMCA.
• Oversee recruiting, orientation, training, supervision, evaluation and recognition of part-time aquatic staff and volunteers at the Harris YMCA.
• Oversee overall program implementation and development for the indoor and outdoor aquatic facilities for the Harris YMCA.
• Maintain adequate records to evaluate, control and measure the effectiveness of the assigned areas of responsibility.
• Manage the total maintenance operation and facility standards of the indoor and outdoor aquatic facilities for the Harris YMCA to comply with YMCA regulations and state and local health department regulations.
• Supervise and schedule the effective use of the indoor and outdoor aquatic facilities for the Harris YMCA.
• Ensure all Quality Operating Standards set by the Association are met at the Harris YMCA.
• Represent the YMCA and maintain appropriate relationships with area organizations, community groups and other YMCA staff.
• Coordinate and develop brochures and other marketing efforts for the assigned areas of responsibility.
• Participate in and provide leadership for the Community Outreach Campaign within assigned areas of responsibility.
• Serve as the staff liaison and provide leadership to the Aquatics Committee and the Safety and Risk Management Committee.
• Risk & Safety for the Branch:
o Facilitate branch drills/audits (once per month)
o Handle all major/serious accident/incident report follow up
o Staff emergency response care and follow up (sporadically happens)
o Supervise/train BSS instructors
o Update crash bags & first aid supplies for the branch
o Maintain Incident/Accident reports & tracking
o Serve quarterly on the Association Risk Committee Team as Harris & HEY branch liaison.
• Carry out special projects as assigned.
This position requires an individual with an enthusiastic personality who can develop harmonious relationships with staff, members, volunteers and community leaders. He/she must present a professional image and have excellent written, oral and presentation skills. He/she must possess a four-year college degree in Physical Education, Recreation or a related field, and must have at least 5 years of successful professional experience in aquatic program administration, management, and supervision, including supervision of full time staff. He/she must be highly organized, possess superior supervisory skills and demonstrate sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking. He/she must be certified in all appropriate aquatic trainings.
• Walking • Sitting • Hearing
• Crouching • Standing • Climbing
• Kneeling • Pulling (20 lbs.) • Carrying (50 lbs.)
• Pushing (20 lbs.) • Squatting • Lifting (equipment 20 lbs., people 200 lbs.)
• Vision • Swimming (200 yds.)
HOW TO APPLY
Apply Online here: https://wfa.kronostm.com/index.jsp?locale=en_US&applicationName=YMCAofGreaterCharlotteKTMDReqExt&SEQ=jobDetails&POSTING_ID=67263038851
5900 Quail Hollow Road
Charlotte, NC 28210
phone: (704) 716-6800
fax: (704) 716-6800
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Harris YMCA.
The fee to post a Swim Job is $50. If you have an open position in the Aquatic Jobs / Lifeguard Jobs market, submit here.