Hargrave is seeking a Director of Aquatics who is a highly qualified Swimming Coach for its Onishi-Davenport Aquatic Center and in support of its excellent athletic program. This position is responsible for continuing development of our successful and nationally recognized swimming program.
The ideal program will continue a strong reputation for Hargrave swimmers. The program will focus on development of a competitive high school and USA swimming team and placement of high-level college athletes while maintaining the academic integrity of underclass team members. The head swim coach is responsible for recruiting, training, and development of Cadets. The head swim coach is responsible for developing the varsity high school team, the USA Swimming program and its relationships with Virginia Swimming, Inc. and the local community.
Hargrave Military Academy’s middle to high school education features the finest academics in a military boarding school setting. Academically challenging individualized instruction for every student is a Hargrave tradition stretching back to our founding in 1909. A Hargrave education is not limited to the classroom, but extends deeply into the areas of character development, leadership, spiritual growth and athletics.
Our focus is on each individual student and meeting his specific needs. Hargrave is a community and a family of instructors, administrators, parents and mentors all working jointly to provide an environment conducive to learning, growing and enabling students to reach their full potential.
Our mission is assisting cadets in becoming knowledgeable, thinking, and responsible citizens of their community, nation, and world.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS
- American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, Life Guarding, Life Guarding Instructor, CPR and WSI Instructor Certifications required
- Strong competitive background in swimming
- 3 or more years coaching experience on the USA Swimming Senior National and Junior National level OR coaching at NCAA Division I championship level
- Strong relationships with ASCA, USA Swimming, and NISCA
- Experience and ability to manage aquatic facility
- ASCA Level Three coach or higher desired
- Successful track record of hosting meets with strong knowledge of H.S. and USA Swimming meet protocol
- Ability to successfully integrate the swimming program into Academy environment
- Willingness to contribute to all aspects of boarding life such as study hall and student advising
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Teaching certification a plus
- Strong ability to communicate with our young men
- Dedication and commitment to Hargrave’s mission of development of the whole person – academically, athletically, and spiritually – mind, body, and soul
Hargrave’s Swimming Program is looking for safety conscious person with excellent report with Cadets and their families. HMA’s program focuses on positive and energetic attitudes, leadership and mentoring skills and a Director with the desire to serve the Academy’s young men.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume to Ben Paris at [email protected]
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Hargrave.