The South American zone has selected its athletes for the 2015 Pan American Games open water swimming events, with Argentina and Venezuela qualifying 4 swimmers apiece, according to BestSwimming.
Pan Am rules allowed CONSANAT, the South American swimming federation, to select 7 men and 7 women to compete in Toronto this coming summer at Pan Ams.
The top 7 finishers at the qualifying meet were selected, including top finishers Allan do Carmo of Brazil and Kristel Kobrich of Chile, both Olympians for their respective nations.
The full list of qualifiers is below:
- Allan Do Carmo – Brazil
- Diogo Villarinho – Brazil
- Esteban Enderica – Ecuador
- Guillermo Bertola – Argentina
- Wilder Carreno – Venezuela
- Diego Vera – Venezuela
- Gabriel Villagoyz – Argentina
- Kristel Kobrich – Chile
- Cecilia Biagioli – Argentina
- Samantha Arevalo – Ecuador
- VAlentina Perez – Venezuela
- Liliana Hernandez – Venezuela
- Julia Arino – Argentina
- Carolina Bilich – Brazil
Three more zones get to select their own athletes. The Central American & Carribean swimming federation will select 14 athletes, while the United States and Canada will each get 4 swimmers into the Games.