Courtesy: Pacific Athletics
STOCKTON, Calif. – The men’s swimming and diving team compete in their second dual-meet of the season this Friday as they take on the Stanford Cardinal. The meet between the two teams is scheduled for 11:00 AM tomorrow at the Avery Aquatics Center.
Pacific vs. Stanford | Friday, January 11th | 11:00 AM PST
Location: Palo Alto, Calif.
Weather: 56 ℉. Cloudy. Winds SE at 7 mph.
Links: Live Stream
200 Medley Relay
200 Freestyle Relay
Last Time Out:
- Pacific is coming off a strong showing last month at the UNLV Winter Invite. The Tigers took third place out of seven teams with a combined score of 588 points.
- The Tigers A-Relay teams carried the Orange and Black in Vegas finishing second in both the 200 free (1:20.05) and 400 medley (3:15.22) relays. They would also clinch first place in the 200 medley relay event (1:27.88).
- Dylan Toy and Yahav Shahaf posted season-marks in the 50 freestyle clocking in times of 20.50 and 20.67. Toy holds the sixth fastest time in MPSF with a time of 20.16.
- On the diving board, freshman Mackaby Pennington placed in the top five in both the 1-meter and 3-meter events. The Visailia, Calif. native would place fourth in the 1-meter with a score of 242.25 and third in the 3-meter with a final score of 258.20.
- The Tigers and Cardinal faced off earlier this season at Pacific’s annual PAC Invite.
- UOP finished right behind Stanford in second place in the 400 medley relay with a time of 3.23.90.
- Toy excelled against the Cardinal in the men’s 100 free event posting the fastest time, 45.25, for first place.
- The Tigers would also take second in the 200 free relay (1:23.21). Stanford finished first in the event with 1:22.78.
Scouting the Opponent:
- The Cardinal last competed at the Texas Invitational (Nov. 28th-Dec. 1st).
- Stanford took home two first-place finishes as Alex Liang won the 400-yard individual medley with a time of 3:42.90 and Abrahm DeVine won the 200 individual medley with a time of 1:42.71.
- Jack LeVant set a program record in the Cardinal’s last meet in the 800 freestyle with a time of posting a leadoff leg time of 1:32.61. LeVant owns the team’s top times this season in the 200 free (1.32.61) and 500 free (4:13.51).