The Ohio State women’s diving team has added five projected divers for the 2014-2016 season, reaching across the country and across the world (including two from Melbourne, Australia). This is a banner class for head diving coach Justin Scochor as he begins his 2nd season in that position with the program.
Even more significantly, this is a class with a ton of success at the national and international levels, and a versatile class with success in the full gambit of diving events.
One member of the class is already at Ohio State, but won’t compete for the varsity squad until next fall, and another has deferred a year to stay home in Australia and shoot for the Olympics.
1) Hannah Thek – Melbourne, Australia – currently enrolled at Ohio State. Serving a year in residence. Will compete Fall 2015 with 3 years of eligibility. 2013 World University Games participant.
2) Estee Pryor – New Albany, Ohio – member of Ohio State Diving Club. 2012 Junior World Championship qualifier. Seven time USA Diving Junior National Champion. Born in Romania. bronze medal on platform at 2013 Junior Pan Am Championships
3) Taylor Pamplin – Mission Viejo, California – finished 10th on 1m at 2014 USA Diving Junior National Championships.
4) Haley Allen – Midland, Texas – multiple time USA Diving Junior National Diving Championship finalist, 24th at 2014 USA Diving Senior National Championships on 1m.
5) Lara Tarvit – Melbourne, Australia – originally committed for Fall 2015 but deferring until Fall 2016 to pursue Olympic goals with home coach. 2012 World Junior Championship finalist in 1m and platform. 2013 4th place finish at World Junior Championships in 10m synchro event. 2014 4th place effort in platform at the Commonwealth Games. 2014 World Junior Champion on platform.