Courtesy: Ohio State Athletics
COLUMBUS, Ohio – They reigning national champion synchronized swimming team debuted five solos, five duets and three trios today at the annual Zero Waste meet. The sustainability department shared that prior to yesterday’s meet, the team had already diverted 2,261 pounds of waste away from landfills through their zero waste events, helping to advance the university’s, and the program, goals to improve practices and challenge people to think more sustainably. The diversion rate at the Zero Waste Dual Meet totaled an impressive 74.28%.
The program will showcase their 2020 team routines centered around the themes of mental health and sustainability at the Feb. 1 Jessica Beck Memorial Competition. Fans can visit McCorkle at 2 p.m. to see impressive showings by the Scarlet and Gray squads in four categories.
- Laila Huric – 83.27
- Nikki Dzurko – 82.93
- Brenna Wojtysiak – 71.85 (Lindenwood University)
- Nikki Dzurko & Laila Huric – 83.7
- Kaitlyn Carboun & Sarah Walsh – 78.95
- Allison Maebius & Anna Schwartz – 58.42 (University of Michigan)
- Laila Huric, Rachel Jager & Cassie Neeley – 81.62
- Ava Lichter, Breanna Malone & Renee Stehlik – 78.42
- Annie Rashes, Maggie Wiebe & Marisa Leach – 60.28 (University of Michigan)