2015 EUROPEAN SHORT COURSE SWIMMING CHAMPIONS AT THE WINGATE INSTITUTE IN NETANYA, ISRAEL
- Wednesday, December 2nd-6th
- Prelims at 9:30 am local (2:30 AM EST)/Finals at 5:30 pm local (10:30 am EST)
- Meet Information
- Event Timeline
- Live Stream: LEN Webcast
- Live Results
- Day 3 Finals Live Recap
Several national records tell during the third day of the 2015 European Short Course National Championships in Israel. In addition to some of the records that were already covered, we wanted to share a few of the other records that fell during the day.
- Hannah Miley broke her own Scottish record in the 200 butterfly with a time of 2:08.32. She set the previous record at 2:09.70 in 2012.
- Jenna Laukkanen lowered her own Finnish national record in the women’s 100 breaststroke with a 1:04.87. She set the previous record in October at 1:05.02.
- Ari-Pekka Liukoanen also broke the Finnish national record in the men’s 50 freestyle with his time of 21.31 in the semi-final. He lowered his own record of 21.34 from 2012.
- Radoslaw Kawecki claimed his 2nd gold medal of these championships, winning the 100 backstroke with a new Polish record. After winning the 200 backstroke in a new meet record, the Pole wrapped up the backstroke double with a 49.64. Prior to today, he had never been under 50 seconds before. His best was 50.65 from 2009.
- Viktoria Gunes lowered the Turkish record in the 100 breaststroke today, posting a new record time of 1:05.06.
- Yakov Yan Toumarkin lowered the Israeli record in the 200 IM with a sixth place finish in the event with a time of 1:54.68.