North Baltimore Aquatic Club (NBAC) is looking to hire a Head Coach to lead the team and coach the top two groups (High Performance and Challenge 1) at Meadowbrook Aquatic Center in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Head Coach will work closely with the Board of Directors and the Head Age Group Coach.
Essential Job Tasks:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and NBAC Bylaws.
- Serve as a member of the Board of Directors, preparing financial and narrative reports to present at 3-4 meetings per year.
- Advise and communicate with elected and appointed officers of the Club.
- Responsible for communicating regularly with team coaches and members.
- Building on the tradition of excellence, create an overall vision and plan for the team including team philosophy, coaching strategies, travel policies, and hiring policies.
- Manage day to day operations of the Club including the dues schedule and team budget.
Plan, prepare, and conduct swim practices and dryland training in accordance with the vision and philosophy of NBAC.
- Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets.
- Recommend group practice assignments.
- Support fundraising activities of the Club
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA swimming.
- Must be strong in administration skills, communication, deadlines and project completion.
- Success with senior level coaching and previous management experience.
- Coach with international experience.
- Experience with Team Unify and Microsoft applications.
- Current ASCA Membership (level 5 or higher).
- A college degree (preferred, but not required).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons should direct their questions, letters of interest, resume, and references, via email, to members of the Board of Directors: Erin Richardson [email protected] and Polly Surhoff [email protected]
***Please be sure to include the following in the letter of interest: years of coaching experience, vision for the future of NBAC, and salary expectations.
***Written applications must be received by September 30. The start date is negotiable, but as soon as possible
NBAC is entering its 50th competitive season and has been consistently one of the top teams in the nation. NBAC is the only club in the nation that has been a Gold Medal Club every year since 2002 when the designation was first awarded. Since its inception, the Club has sent nine different swimmers to compete in the Olympics, two to compete in the Paralympics, 76 to Olympic Trials, and countless others to go on to compete for top college and university programs.
Swimming news is courtesy of NBAC.