Courtesy: Indiana Athletics
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – No. 14 Indiana dropped its season opener at No. 3 UCLA at Dirks Pool at Spieker Aquatics Center on Friday afternoon.
- The Hoosiers (0-1, 0-1 MPSF) kept the game close in the first, with a pair of goals from senior Lanna Debow and senior Zoe Crouch as they trailed 3-2. However, they would be outscored 2-0 in the second and faced a 5-3 deficit at the half.
- Sophomore Sophie Sollie and freshman Megan Holcomb each netted a goal in the third but Indiana trailed 12-5.
- Crouch added one more in the fourth for the Hoosiers but the high-powered offense from the Bruins (1-0, 1-0 MPSF) would pile on three more goals to win 15-6.
- Crouch led the way with two goals and two assists
- Four total Hoosiers scored including goals each from freshmen Louisa Downes, Megan Holcomb and sophomore Sophie Sollie.
- Graduate student goalie Mary Askew made nine saves and had a team-high three steals.
- Robyn Greenslade and Nicole Tyner chipped in one field block each.
- Indiana drew 10 exclusions with senior Kallie White drawing two.
- Freshman Grace Klingler picked up two steals.
The Hoosiers will head to Santa Barbara to play in the UCSB Winter Invite. They will face UC San Diego and host UC Santa Barbara in action on Saturday.