2016 HOKIE FALL INVITATIONAL
- Live Results
- Meet Information
- Hosted by Virginia Tech
- Thursday, November 17th-Saturday, November 19th
- 25 yards
- Invite format
Day 2 finals of the 2016 Hokie Fall Invite saw the Virginia Tech men put on a dominant display, while the women had a back-and-forth battle with Purdue throughout the session.
Leading the way for the Hokie women was Klaudia Nazieblo, who took two wins in the 100 fly and 100 back. In the 100 fly, her 53.51 got by 2nd place finisher Taite Kitchel (53.86), who led a charge of six Purdue women who finished 2nd through 7th. In the 100 back, Nazieblo clocked 53.79 for another close win for teammate Fiona Donnelly (54.04).
On the men’s side, 2016 ACC champion Brandon Fiala of Virginia Tech had a strong performance in the 100 breast, clocking a time of 53.15 for the easy win by over a full second.
Overall, the Hokie men won all but one event tonight, with Filip Bujoczek of Purdue the only non-Virgina Tech winner, claiming the 200 free in 1:38.06.
The men won both the 200 medley and 800 free relays, while Virginia Tech’s women won the 800 free relay but fell to Purdue in the 200 medley.
Other Event Winners
- In the 400 IM, Alex Clarke of Purdue took the women’s in 4:19.67, while VT’s Robert Owen won the men’s (3:48.30).
- In the men’s 100 fly, Norbert Szabo of Virginia Tech took the win in 47.97.
- Jessica Hespeler (VT) had a wire-to-wire win in the women’s 200 free, clocking a time of 1:45.64.
- Purdue’s Jinq En Phee won the women’s 100 breast in a time of 1:01.49.
- Virginia Tech’s Jake Lamparella took the men’s 100 back in 48.30, winning a close race with Connecticut’s William Kearsey (48.90).
- Mauro Castro-Silva led a 1-2-3-4 finish for the VT men in the 3-meter diving event with a score of 366.40.
Heading into the final day, the Virginia Tech men hold a massive lead by over 450 points, while the women sit 97 points ahead of Purdue.
- Virginia Tech, 922.5
- Purdue, 454.5
- U.S. Naval Academy, 443
- Yale, 320.5
- William and Mary, 290
- Virginia Tech, 751
- Purdue, 654
- William and Mary, 362.5
- Villanova University, 340.5
- Connecticut, 243