2019 U.S. OPEN SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- December 4th-7th, 2019
- McAuley Aquatic Center, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, Georgia
- LCM (50m), Prelims/Finals
- Psych Sheets
- Live stream (all sessions beside A finals on Friday/Saturday)
- Live results
US National Teamer Luca Urlando was a no-show on Thursday morning for his first scheduled race of the 2019 U.S. Open. That was after swimming a 3:53.88 in the 400 free one event earlier that was about a second short of his lifetime best and puts him into Thursday’s “B” final, pending results of the B-flight of the heats.
Last season, at 17-years old, Urlando was the 11th-best American in the event at 2:00.12. He now has scratches from the event in each of his 2 big long course meets this season – at the Greensboro Pro Swim Series stop, he qualified for the A final, but scratched to focus on the 100 fly final instead.
Urlando was one of a number of big names to no-show or declare false starts (rather than pre-session scratches) in Thursday’s “A” flight races at the U.S. Open. Other big absences include Anthony Ervin skipping heats of the men’s 50 free, where he’s the defending Olympic Champion. His only other entry this week is in the 100 free.
US National Teamer and World Championship double silver medalist Andrew Wilson left an empty lane in prelims of the men’s 200 IM as well, while National Age Group Record holder Zoe Skirboll left empty lanes in both of her events on Thursday morning: the 50 free and 200 IM.
Full list of no-shows and declared false starts in Thursday morning’s prelims session
- Mackenzie Glover, Amanda Weir, Grace Sheble – women’s 400 free
- Akaram Mahmoud, Santi Corredor, Sawyer Grimes – men’s 400 free
- Zoe Skirboll – women’s 200 IM
- Luca Urlando, Eben Vorster, Tristan Cote, Andrew Wilson – men’s 200 IM
- Zoe Skirboll, Gigi Johnson, Alessandra Marchioro, Lina Kutsko – women’s 50 free
- Anthony Ervin – 50 free