2015 WORLD UNIVERSITY GAMES
- July 4th-July 11th, 2015 (Saturday-Saturday)
- Gwangju, South Korea
- Prelims 8:30AM/Finals 7PM (local time)
- Prelims 7:30PM (day before)/Finals 6AM (U.S. Eastern Time)
- Full meet preview
- Link to Day Four Prelims Coverage
- The official FISU feed: http://www.livefisu.tv
- In the United States: ESPN3.com
- Twitter: @swimswamlive
- Link to Day Four Finals Recap
Excerpt taken from our Day Four Finals Recap:
WOMEN’S 100 BACKSTROKE – FINALS
Kylie Masse won Canada’s first swimming gold medal of the games as the only swimmer to break 1 minute in the women’s 100 backstroke. Rachel Bootsma was right with her through the turn, and started gaining on her around the 75m mark, but couldn’t hang on over the last 15 meters. Massie went on to win with a 59.97. That time will stand as the ninth fastest time in the world this year.
As, Bootsma fell off over the last 15 meters, her teammate, Liz Pelton was able to gain some ground on her as well and moved into second. Pelton won the silver medal with her time of 1:00.65, while Bootsma picked up the Bronze medal at 1:00.78.
Simona Baumrtova (CZE) and Carlotta Zofkova (ITA) were the only other swimmers under 1:01 in the women’s backstroke final in fourth and fifth place.
Yekaterina Rudenko (KAZ) finished in sixth place with her time of 1:01.61. Polina Lapshina (RUS) and Holly Barratt (AUS) finished in seventh and eighth with 1:02’s.