Applications due 09/30/22
Date posted: August 20, 2022
Location: 19115 David Memorial Dr, Shenandoah, TX 77385, USA
Summary Job Description
The senior performance group coach will serve as a lead to a senior performance group as well as a lead/assistant group coach within the age group program. As a senior performance coach they will be integral in seasonal planning and execution of the training program in coordination with the Head Coach and senior coaching staff including workout design, goal setting, dryland, and mental skills training. As a lead coach the candidate will also be responsible for parent/swimmer communication and education, and developing athletes along the TWST program continuum.
Education & Qualifications
College graduate required. CPR/AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check and in good standing with USA Swimming. Proficient in use of Team Unify and/or Team Manager.
Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements.
Successful USA Swimming background screen and reference check
Experience: 5+ years coaching experience and in good standing with USA Swimming. The ideal candidate will have experience developing athletes to the sectional level and beyond.
Reports to: TWST Head Coach
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Performance Assistant/Lead Age Group Coach’s primary duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- In coordination with the Head Coach, assist in developing the senior athlete training program. Including key competitions each season and assisting to coordinate team travel.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct Senior and Age Group training group practices pursuant to TWST guidelines and philosophy, including goal setting, performance tracking, workouts, meet entries, activity planning, dryland schedule and team building activities.
- Have a strong understanding of stroke technique and be able to effectively communicate those points to the athletes.
- Establish regular communications with athletes and parent members.
- Coordination and assistance with college recruiting for HS Juniors and Seniors
- Promote sportsmanship, team spirit, team traditions, and team values.
- Represent TWST externally, including at the local community level, within the Gulf LSC and with USA Swimming.
- Any other duties assigned by the Head Coach.
- Charismatic leader and team player with the following traits: takes initiative, understands how to lead by example, enthusiastic, energetic and able to motivate.
- Experience in developing highly competitive swimmers and successfully progressing them to a senior program and the sectional/futures level.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to effectively communicate with athletes of all ages, parents, and other coaches.
- Outstanding organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability function as part of team.
- Experience utilizing Team Unify back office for routine athlete/member management and communication tasks.
How to Apply
This is a full-time position with benefits and a 401K option. Base salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a great opportunity to become a part of a Hall of Fame program in the state of Texas and one of the top programs in the United States. Please send resume and cover letter with references to TWST Head Coach Jarrod Murphy- [email protected]
The Woodlands Swim Team
PO BOX 7081
The Woodlands, TX 77387