Location: 533 Lomas Santa Fe Dr, Solana Beach, CA 92075, USA
Solana Beach Swim Masters
Solana Beach Swim Masters has been offering daily practices since February 1994 in beautiful Solana Beach, CA at the Pardee Aquatics Center branch of the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Dieguito. To take the program to the next level, we are seeking a dynamic, inviting, and experienced COACH to lead the way!
Our program includes all levels of adult swimmers (fitness, training, triathletes, former collegiate, open water, surfers, paddle, etc.)—and we need a coach who has experience across the board! We have beginners all the way up to Ironman World Champions and have been a stop for many top pros on their way to Kona.
The new coach will be present at most workouts totaling approximately 20 to 25 hours on-deck and an additional approximately 5 to 10 hours of admin, events, team-growth, social events, swim meets, etc. = Total of approximately 30-35 hours per week.
Current Practice Schedule:
- Intro to Masters:
- Mon, Wed, Fri 10:45-11:45 a.m.
- Mon through Fri 5:15-6:30 a.m. and 6:30-7:45 a.m., 11:45-1:00 p.m.
- Sat and Sun 10:00 – 11:15 a.m.
Depending on candidate availability this could be Part-time with benefits (avg. 30 hours per week) or Part-time without benefits. We are looking for the best fit for our program and can offer the hours and commitments listed above or scale-back the hours and commitment for the right person. For example: if 30 hours per week is too much but you are interested, we encourage you to apply.
- Set training program weekly/daily cycles and themes
- Write workouts and coach on-deck
- Expand social media presence
- Recruit and grow program – outreach, attend events, etc,
- Organize and attend social events
- Branding: team logo, apparel, caps, banners, equipment
- Work with development, scheduling, and management of assistant coaches
- Membership: tracking team registration, roster, payments, sign ups and membership cards, and making sure all are up to date with payments; calling or following up with all lapsed memberships etc.
- Work with the Aquatic Director, the Rancho San Dieguito General Manager, and the Aquatics Coordinator for scheduling, hiring, and program development logistics and ideas
- Develop both “Intro to Masters” and “Masters” programs and tracks:
- Intro: Beginners track
- Masters: Fitness—most common track is fitness, attending to maintain fitness and get fit
- Masters: Competitive—some want to take to next level; coach will need to provide opportnities for these masters by making available sign up for USMS, providing all meet opportunities, attending competitions, assist with processing entries, discussing goals, etc.
PAYRATE: This is an Hourly/Nonexempt position; competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience with potential for periodic incentives based on membership growth.
How to Apply
TO APPLY: Contact Aquatics Team Manager, Paul Mazzarelle, at [email protected], and provide the following:
- Letter of Interest
- Resume, and
- At least two professional references.
All employees of the Boys and Girls Clubs of San Dieguito are required to pass a drug screen and background check.
Pool Address: 533 Lomas Santa Fe Drive, Solana Beach, CA 92075
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11:59 p.m. February 14, 2020. Or until position is filled.