Location: Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI, USA
General Summary Assist the Head Coach in the recruitment, conditioning, training and coaching of the women’s swimming team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to any and all NCAA, Mid-American Conference and Eastern Michigan University policies, rules, regulations, and operational procedures.
- Assist in the organization and direction of all activities of the women’s swimming program.
- Assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes to the University.
- Coach team members individually and in groups.
- Counsel and advise student-athletes with personal or academic problems.
- Assist with development of competition strategy.
- Serve as Head Coach in his/her absence.
- Assist with summer camps and fundraising activities.
- Perform related departmental duties, as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Knowledge of sport rules, conference rules, appropriate training techniques, and winning play/contest strategies, for women’s swimming.
- Three years previous college coaching experience within the sport is desirable.
- Experience in counseling and advising student-athletes is desirable.