Press Release courtesy of Houston Athletics
The Houston Swimming & Diving team will take its unblemished record on the road as it matches up with Colorado State on Nov. 3 and Northern Colorado Nov. 4.
- Houston has gotten off to a great start to its 2017-18 season, defeating Incarnate Word, SMU, and UNT in dual action.
- The Cougars have posted a combined 49 first-place finishes so far this season.
- Friday will mark Houston’s first meeting with Colorado State in program history.
- The Cougars are 2-1 against Northern Colorado, last matching up with the Bears in 2006 when they defeated them 174-124 in dual play.
- Zarena Brown has been a strong force for Houston, earning National Swimmer of the Week for her five combined wins against SMU and North Texas.
- Micaela Bouter has anchored the Houston Diving squad, winning both the 3-Meter and 1-Meter in back-to-back meets.
SCOUTING THE RAMS
- Colorado State is in its fourth season under Head Coach Christopher Woodard.
- The Rams opened their season against Denver and Wyoming, falling in both meets.
- Marie Goodwyn has been an anchor for Colorado State, winning the 100 and 200 Butterfly at all three meets this season.
- Rowan Hauber has also gotten out to a strong season, winning the 100 Freestyle in all three meets.
- Skylar Williams has been a strong force for the Rams on the springboard, picking up both the 1-Meter and 3-Meter against Denver earlier this season.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
- Northern Colorado enters its second season under Head Coach Lisa Ebeling.
- The Bears are 0-1 this season in dual play, falling to New Mexico State and will meet with Wyoming on Nov. 3 before matching up with Houston.
- Ioanna Sacha is a leader for UNC with three wins against New Mexico State, racking up 27 points.
- Sydney Kovar is a force for the Bears when it comes to distance races after winning both the 500 and 1000 Freestyle last week.
WHERE TO WATCH
Download the Meet Mobile App to stay up-to-date on all of the latest Houston Swimming & Diving results.
Houston will send it diving personnel to the Minnesota Diving Invitational Nov. 9-11, before heading home for the annual Phill Hansel Invitational Nov. 16-18 at the CRWC Natatorium.
FOLLOW THE COUGARS!
Fans can keep up with the latest in University of Houston Cougar athletics by following us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HoustonAthletics), Twitter (@UHCougars), Instagram (houstoncougars) and YouTube.com (Youtube.com/UHAthletics). In addition, the swimming & diving team has established its own official Facebook (Facebook.com/UHCougarSwim) and Twitter pages (@UHCougarSwim), which provide regular updates on the team and live results during home meets.