The Fitter and Faster Swim Tour Presented by Swimoutlet.com will be producing seven, two-day regional camps across the U.S. between August and October. Each Camp specializes in a specific area of training and competiton including Speed and Power; IM Transitions; Underwater Dolphin Kicking and more.
To ensure that each camp is a focused, high quality learning and training environment, the camps are limited to absolutely no more than 72 participants. Additionally, each two-day camp has qualifying time standards that athletes must meet to attend.
In September of 2014, Fitter and Faster Swim Tour produced the first ever Elite Speed and Power Camp held at Drew University in Madison, NJ. Swimmers had to achieve minimum time standards in the 100 yard free of 54.99 for boys and 58.99 for girls. Athletes from New Mexico, Alabama and Canada flew in to join other top athletes from the Eastern Region. Among the participants were FOUR National Age Group Record holders (Reece Whitley, Destin Lasco, Vinny Marciano and Matt Magness) who had the unique opportunity to train together for the weekend.
Due to the demand of the Speed and Power Camps, we are now offering Four Sessions at the “Elite Level” and three at an “Advanced Level”. We held our first Advanced Speed and Power Camp in April of 2015. The two different levels of “Speed and Power” clinics will enable more athletes to qualify and train alongside other athletes of a similar level.
A full list of Two-Day Camp curriculums and clinicians is listed below.
Registration is now open and camps will fill up fast.
Two Day Elite Speed and Power (by Region)
· Northeastern Region, Sep 19-20, Boston, MA (Kara Lynn Joyce and Tim Phillips)
· Mid-Atlantic Region, Sep 19-20, Media, PA (Jimmy Feigen and Megan Romano)
· Western Region, Sep 26-27, Santa Clara, CA (Davis Tarwater and Christine Magnuson)
· Central Region, Oct 3-4, Western Springs, IL (Kara Lynn Joyce and Jimmy Feigen)
Two Day Advanced Speed and Power for All Strokes
· Central Region, Sep12-13, Cleveland, OH (Kara Lynn Joyce and Matt Biondi)
Two Day Elite Underwater Dolfin Kicking and Racing Skills
· Central Region, Sep 19-20, Fishers, IN (Tyler McGill, Scott Weltz, Melanie Margalis and Megan Romano)
Find your nearest two-day camp by using the Fitter and Faster Map and register soon. Each camp will sell out very quickly.
Swimming News is courtesy of the Fitter and Faster Swim Tour presented by SwimOutlet.com.