2019 INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING LEAGUE – AMERICAN DERBY
- Saturday, November 16 – Sunday, November 17, 2019
- 2:00-4:00 PM Local Time (U.S. Eastern Time)
- Eppley Recreation Center – College Park, MD
- Short Course Meters (SCM) format
- American franchises: Cali Condors, LA Current, DC Trident, New York Breakers
- Live Stream (ESPN3)
- Full Day 1 Results
When Caeleb Dressel is on, he’s on, and he’s been on this weekend at the ISL’s “American Derby,” featuring all four of the US-based teams during the ISL’s inaugural season.
After cracking the US Open Records in the 50 free and the 100 free yesterday, and the 100 free again today, Dressel continued rolling this afternoon by taking down the American Record in the 50 fly. His winning time of 22.21 today surpasses the previous American Record of 22.32, set by Michael Andrew last fall at the Singapore stop of the World Cup, according to the USA Swimming database.
Andrew was in that same heat as Dressel today, taking 3rd overall with a time of 22.74, with former US Open Record holder Tom Shields taking 2nd in 22.72.
Dressel’s time today also appears to be a US Open record. Sebastian Szabo had broken Shields’ previous US Open record with his time of 22.47 swim at the ISL stop in Lewisville, TX, last month.