Courtesy of British Swimming:
British Swimming is seeking an experienced leader in high performance sport to drive the strategic delivery of our world class athlete performance pathway to maximise the potential of the World Class Podium Potential and Talent athletes. As a key member of the leadership team, within the WCSP, the post-holder will also ensure that our England Talent Programme aligns with the strategic direction of the British Swimming performance pathway.
The Head of Performance Pathway will be responsible for:
- Performance Pathway – Podium Potential and Talent
- Strategically develop the pathway
- Oversee the development of a rigorous and systematic framework for selection, monitoring and profiling of athletes
- Work with coaches to develop and implement athlete performance plans
- Develop camps and competitions programme, sometimes acting as Team Leader or Head Coach at meets
- Work with GB Head Coach and Head of Sports Science and Sports Medicine, reinforcing technical standards and identifying innovations
- World Class Programme
- Oversee delivery within budgets and manage Podium Potential programme and budget
- Collaborate with Home Country Swimming Association programmes to develop pathways for British Swimming
- Participate in evaluation reviews of national training centres, focussing on the Podium Potential and Talent level
- Develop and manage APA policy and selection for World Class PP athletes
The successful candidate will already have relevant experience working as part of a leadership group in high performance sport and specific knowledge of the British system. Applicants will have a successful track record in developing and managing consistent frameworks for athlete performance development in elite sport, using performance trends to inform strategy. Experience of coaching world class athletes or creating a successful bespoke coach mentoring programme is desirable,
Key required skills to be successful in the role include a proven ability to inspire, motivate and positively challenge coaches. The successful candidate will also be an excellent communicator.
If you have the right skills and experience, then we would like to hear from you.
To obtain an application form and further details email [email protected] or download a pack from our website www.swimming.org.
British Swimming is an equal opportunities employer and a holder of the Equality Standard at Foundation, Preliminary and Intermediate levels. A non-smoking policy operates throughout our premises occupied.
Closing date: Friday 9 August 2013
Interviews on 15 August 2013
Learn about British Swimming here.
Follow British Swimming on Twitter here.
Like British Swimming on Facebook here.