Born in Barrie, Ont., Coleman Allen grew up in Spokane, Washington.
As an age grouper Allen swam with coach Todd Marsh at Spokane Area Swimming.
He attended the University of Nevada Las Vegas in 2011-12 where he swam with coach Jim Reitz.
As a freshman Allen placed third at the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Championships and was part of the 400 freestyle and 400 medley teams that on the championships that year.
In 2012 Allen joined the Swimming Canada High Performance Centre – Vancouver and the UBC Thunderbirds varsity team. Since that time he has had great success at the CIS Swimming Championships winning a total of eight individual gold and four individual silver medals.
Allen has competed at the 2012 FINA World Swimming Championships (25m) in Istanbul, the Summer 2013 Universiade in Kazan, Russia, and the 2013 FINA World Championships in Barcelona.
Allen currently holds the Canadian record in the short course 100-m butterfly which he set in 2013 at the World Cup event in Eindhoven.
He qualified for both the Pan Pacific Championships and Commonwealth Games by winning the 100 butterfly and finishing third in the 200 freestyle at the 2014 Canadian Swimming Trials.
Interesting Facts (courtesy of Swimming Canada)
- He is a former national champion snowboard racer (2006)
- Most embarrassing artist on his iPod: Taylor Swift – “I don’t know how it got on there.”
- Favourite book: Game of Thrones
- Favourite website: Reddit
- Biggest influences: Parents Murray and Jackie
- Athletic siblings: Brother Beddome and sister Hannah are both rowers for University of Washington
- Why do you swim? “Because I can’t play basketball very well.”
- Favourite bands: Led Zeppelin, AC/DC
- Favourite TV shows: Vikings, Game of Thrones
- Celebrity he’d like to have dinner with: Mark Wahlberg