Sacred Heart v. Assumption (W)
- Sunday, November 10, 2019
- Worcester, Ma.
- Full Results
Courtesy: Sacred Heart Athletics
WORCESTER, Ma.- The Sacred Heart University Swimming and Diving team fell to Assumption this morning by a final score of 107-93. The Pioneers will return to action on Friday, Nov. 22 when the Pioneers compete at Central Connecticut State. The meet begins at 10:00 a.m.
In strokes, senior Lauren Somers highlighted the day taking two events first in the 200 freestyle with a time of 1:57.08 and in the 100 freestyle with a time of 53.18. Her time set in the 100 free set a new Assumption pool record.
First year Jullian Pusateri and junior Margaret Flaherty placed in the top five in the 1000 freestyle as Pusateri took second with a time of 11:11.50 while Flaherty took third with a time of 11:12.72. Flaherty also took second place in the 500 meter free with a time of 5:29.44.
In the 50 freestyle, first-year Kelly Bartnett took second with a time of 25.57 while junior Emily Peter touched the wall third with a time of 25.85. Peter also took second place in the 100 meter butterfly with a time of 1:00.17.
In the 200 IM, sophomore Nicole Tingley took second with a time of 2:14.50 while first-year Casey Bareett took third with a time of 2:16.29.
Courtesy: Assumption Athletics
– Event: Sacred Heart Dual Meet
– Location: Worcester, Mass. (Plourde Pool)
– The Lead: The Hounds extended their home record to 23-0 with a win over Sacred Heart for senior day.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
– The Hounds started the day with a win in the 200 medley relay when a team composed of Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine/Cony), Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md./Archbishop Spalding), Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass./Chicopee) and Adelaide Ferrick (Westford, Mass./Westford Academy) swam the event in 1:49.86 to set a new Plourde Pool record. Another team of Hounds came in second with a time of 1:53.05 and a team composed of MacKenzie Day (Stoneham, Mass./Stoneham High), Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass./Nantucket), Brianna Buckle (Garden Grove, Calif./Mater Dei High School), and Nicole Magnuson (Braintree, Mass./Braintree High).
– In the second event, the 1000 free, freshman Erin Tague (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla./Palm Beach Gardens) swam to a first-place finish in 10:54.89. Allison Barclay (Knoxville, Tenn./Bearden) took fourth (11:12.90) and Colleen Kurtz (Somerset, N.J./Rutgers Preparatory) took fifth (11:17.20). In the 200 free, the Hounds took second when Guadalupi finished in 1:59.30 followed by teammate Payton Horton (Port Elizabeth, South Africa/St. Dominic’s) in third (2:01.41).
– Freshman Ferrick took first in the 50 free (24.99) and in the 200 IM freshman Sophia Lumino (Peabody, Mass./Bishop Fenwick) swam to first in 2:11.73. Senior Kaczor took first in the 100 butterfly on her senior day in a time of 1:00.15 to beat her own previous pool record by a hundredth of a second.
– In the 100 free, Ferrick, Holmes and Lumino all finished together with Ferrick taking second (54.87), Holmes swimming to third (55.00) and Lumino in fourth (55.64). In the 100 backstroke Day swam to a first-place finish in 1:00.78 followed by Grace Gustinis (Monroe, Conn./Masuk) in second in 1:02.31. Tague struck again with a win in the 500 free in a time of 5:17.55 while Horton took third (5:29.68) and Kurtz swam to fourth (5:30.12).
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
– Assumption set two new pool records and extended their home record to 23-0 with today’s victory.
– The Hounds are back in action the weekend of November 22 at the Harold Anderson Invitational.