Ohio State’s Emma Baranski was named Athlete of the Year and led the list of All Americans and All Collegiate swimmers following last week’s U.S. Collegiate Synchronized Swimming Championships.
Baranski, a senior, won the Individual High Point Award at the championships, won by the Buckeyes. OSU’s Holly Vargo-Brown was named Coach of the Year, and University of Florida’s Betsy Caza was named Contributor of the Year.
“We would like to thanks Ohio State for hosting the 2017 U.S. Collegiate Championship. It was a very well-run competition,” USA Synchro CEO Myriam Glez said. “The level of competition has improved from last year, with the top teams battling for the title until the last afternoon. We saw some really interesting routines with difficult and creative choreographies.”
The All Americans named were:
- Emma Baranski, Ohio State (72 points)
- Monica Velazquez-Stiak, Ohio State (67)
- Alyssa Hoying, Ohio State (59)
- Elizabeth Davidson, Ohio State (53)
- Lorraine Hack, Ohio State (45)
- Clare McGovern, Stanford (44)
- Alyson Haylor, Lindenwood (43)
- Sandra Ortellado, Stanford (43)
- Erica Slavin, Stanford (43)
- Camille Guerre, Incarnate Word (41)
- Beatriz Regly, Incarnate Word (39)
- Sarah Rodriguez, Incarnate Word (37)
- Wenjing Deng, Ohio State (36)
- Noelle St. John, Ohio State (34)
- Morgan Boneberg, Ohio State (33)
- Sarah Rodriguez, Lindenwood (31)
- Natalia Vega, Incarnate Word (29)
- Kirsten Hutzler, Lindenwood (28)
- Rachel Hyon, Stanford (28)
- Isabella Park, Stanford (28)
- Marisa Tashima, Stanford (28)
The All Collegiate swimmers named were:
Division 1: Emma Baranski, Ohio State; Monica Velazquez-Stiak, Ohio State; Alyssa Hoying, Ohio State
Division 3: Michaela Zimmerman, Wheaton College; Margy Macklin, Wheaton College;Emma Willing, Wheaton College
Club: Alyson Haylor, Lindenwood; Grace Downey, Florida Gator Synchro; Marialaura Villasana, Lindenwood
To order photos from the championships, go here.
News courtesy of USA Synchro.