Courtesy: USA Swimming
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – USA Swimming today announced that it has restructured and expanded its Team Services unit to enhance member services and provide more direct contact and support to members and clubs.
Beginning January 24, four new staff members, based throughout the country’s four Zones, will join the Sport Development division and contribute to the growth and success of swim teams through the development of their business and governance operations and the technical development of their coaching staff. They will also be dedicated to supporting areas such as Membership Affairs; Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; Learn to Swim; and Coach Education and assist LSCs and teams with LSC Evaluation and Achievement Program (LEAP), Club Leadership Business Management School (CLBMS), Club Recognition Program (CRP), Coach Education, Club Excellence programs, and new club applications.
“We are incredibly proud of the assembled team and the high-level of swimming experience and aptitude these staff members will bring to their new roles to better serve our membership,” USA Swimming Managing Director of Sport Development Joel Shinofield said. “Whether its experience as a coach or program administrator or National lever swimmer, our team is poised to provide help to clubs and teams succeed as both sports organizations and businesses.”
The four Zones will be staffed by the following individuals:
- Jane Grosser – Senior Advisor, Team Services (formerly the Senior Manager, LSC Services)
- Vacant – Senior Advisor, Team Services (currently hiring for this position – former staff member Juan Caraveo has left the organization to accept a senior role at the United States Anti-Doping Agency)
- Terry Jones – Senior Advisor, Team Services
- Dana Skelton –Advisor, Team Services
- Jay Chambers – Senior Advisor, Team Services (formerly the Manager, Performance Development)
- Ellery Parish –Associate Advisor, Team Services
- Nate Chessey –Advisor, Team Services
- Kaitlin Pawlowicz – Associate Advisor, Team Services (formerly the Manager, Team Performance, Business Operations & Open Water Support)
The restructuring was a strategic undertaking by the organization to better serve the membership as well as to establish strong lines of communications ahead of the launch of the new SWIMS 3.0 times database and its associated programs in the Fall of 2022, including a new Club portal and the first-ever online member registration (OMR).
The new Team Services advisors will report to Director of Team Services Brendan Hansen. Further information on this new team is available at: https://www.usaswimming.org/about-usas/organization/overview#team-services
Keep up with all the latest USA Swimming news by following @usaswimming on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.