- Complete results
- Hosted by Bucknell
- Towson University 1298.5
- Bucknell University 1268.5
- The University of North Dakota 1124.5
- Fordham University 1096.5
- Georgetown University 968
- La Salle University 506.5
- Binghamton, State University 368.5
- U Mass Amherst 216
- Susquehanna University 3
- Towson University 1271.5
- La Salle University 1049
- The University of North Dakota 983
- Fordham University 932.5
- Georgetown University 870
- Bucknell University 804
- Binghamton, State University 655
- U Mass Amherst 226
- Susquehanna University 29
Courtesy of Towson Athletics
LEWISBURG, Pa. – The Towson women’s swimming and diving team concluded the Bucknell Invitational on Sunday at Kinney Natatorium, winning the meet title with 1298.5 points. The Tigers won four events and posted 32 top-eight finishes to win the three-day meet that featured nine teams.
The Tigers were led by juniors Jacy Icard, Kendall Krumenacker and Caitlin Manthe over the three-day meet. Icard set a school record in the 100-yard backstroke to win the event, as well as swimming on two winning relays. Krumenacker and Manthe both swam on two victorious relays. The trio combined for 21 top-eight performances alone.
How it Happened (A Finals)
- Towson impressed in the 1650-yard freestyle, winning the top two spots. Corie Morton won the event in a season-best 16:47.45, followed by Meghan Jones who timed 16:56.63. Danielle Clark took ninth-place (17:21.27). Jones and Clark also recorded season-bests for the event.
- The Tigers had three top-eight finishers in the 200-yard backstroke finals. Kendall Krumenacker placed fourth with a season-best 2:00.64, followed by Jacy Icard in fifth-place with a season-best 2:01.49. Jones finished eighth with a time of 2:06.87. Jones swam a season-best 2:04.08 in the event prelims.
- Amanda Rosa placed fourth in the 200-yard breaststroke, timing a season-best 2:20.50.
- The Tigers took third in the 400-yard freestyle relay. Krumenacker, Manthe, Icard and Toy combined for a season-best time of 3:26.18.
How it Happened (B Finals)
- In the 200-yard backstroke, Olivia Evans was the runner-up in the ‘B’ finals, placing 10th overall (2:03.35, season-best). Haley Sutton finished 16th overall with a time of 2:07.59. Sutton swam a season-best 2:06.64 in the event prelims.
- Towson won the top two spots in the 100-yard freestyle ‘B’ finals. Caitlin Manthe won the finals, placing ninth overall with a season-best time of 51.64. Melissa Toy finished in 10th overall (51.66, season-best).
- Kayln Fetter finished 12th overall in the 200-yard breaststroke, timing a season-best 2:23.29. Jacalyn Schoening placed 14th overall (2:23.92, season-best) while Morton took 16th (2:25.02).
How it Happened (Diving)
- Emily Wilson finished sixth in the three-meter diving with a season-best score of 256.25. Kelsey Jehl also recorded a season-best score to place seventh (255.00).
The Tigers will once again take a break from competition before returning to Burdick Pool on Jan. 14, 2017. Towson’s women host Bowling Green in a dual meet while the men will compete in an intrasquad meet. Diving will take place at 10 a.m. followed by swimming at 1 p.m.