Hungry Swimmer posts are courtesy of Hannah Moore.
One of my favorite things to make for breakfast is a biiiiig smoothie bowl. But these can also be made smaller for a dessert or snack! These two are wonderful in the summertime, when your body needs a little cool-down.
Bowl #1: The Blueberry Power Bowl
~This is packed with wild blueberries and acai berry for extra antioxidants. If you can tolerate dairy, greek yogurt would be a great option for extra protein! The toppings are the fun part.
- 1 packet of frozen acai
- 1 cup of frozen wild blueberries (or regular)
- 1/2 cup of yogurt of choice (I used coconut yogurt!)
- 1 handful of spinach (or green of choice)
- 1/2 – 1 cup of almond milk
- Sweetener of choice: stevia (I used a few drops), raw honey, or maple syrup
- ANYTHING CRUNCHY
- Walnuts – The walnuts I used are rich in ALA, a form of Omega-3 fatty acid necessary for brain health.
- Hemp seeds – FULL of plant protein AND is a complete protein because it contains all nine essential amino acids! You need protein for muscle repair, to grow your hair, and to maintain satiety.
Bowl #2: Mint Avocado Bowl (A dessert bowl!)
~I LOVE this bowl and you will too if you’re a MINT person. The star of this is the avocado, for creaminess. It also brings plenty of monounsaturated fats, great for hormone and skin health. It packs vitamin B6, which helps the nervous system, hormone production, and serotonin output (which is your “feel good” neurotransmitter).
- 5-2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 an avocado
- 3-4 mint leaves (or peppermint extract)
- Coconut milk to thicken (full fat if possible)
- Cacao nibs/any chocolate pieces of choice!
- Granola also works well on this