Med City Aquatics seeks Head Swim Coach.
This is a year round, salaried position based on qualifications and experience with potential for performance based incentives. Interested applicants should forward cover letter outlining experience and coaching philosophy, resume, three references with contact information and salary requirements to [email protected]
Med City Aquatics (MCA), a 150+ member club in Rochester, Minnesota has an immediate opening for a dynamic, confident, energetic head coach to lead our growing club. Located in beautiful southeast Minnesota,Rochester is home to the Mayo Clinic and IBM and has a strong swimming history. Our 150+ athletes span all competitive levels from the novice swimmer to sectional qualifiers. With a strong swim school already in place we are dedicated to teaching and developing swimmers of all ages, skills and competition levels. We strive to promote swimming as a lifelong sport and competition as part of that. Our goal as a team is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her own level of ability.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
● Supervise staff of 2 full time and 6+ part time coaches. Responsible
for selection, development, education, communication &
coordination of coaches to ensure consistent application of program
across all training levels.
● Develop team workouts, including dryland, while directly coaching at
least one primary training group. Assist with other training groups
● Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and
weekends including travel is required.
● Lead, inspire and encourage athletes to maximize their individual
performance. Mentor coaches to effectively lead young athletes.
● Seek out and implement new coaching techniques for continuous
● Maintain an appropriate balance between technique work and
● Advise swimmers of events they should swim at meets. Encourage
members to swim at their highest level.
● Recruit, retain and grow the team.
● Assist with college recruitment process for applicable swimmers.
● Work in conjunction with Swim School coordinator to ensure
ongoing success of the program in introducing swimmers to
● Oversee all aspects of club daily operations in support of Board of
Directors goals and objectives. Strong organizational skills are a
● Develop and maintain strong relationships with parents, athletes and
● Communicate timely with other teams regarding meet participation
● Perform administrative functions such as site scheduling for
● Participate in monthly board meetings, keeping members informed
of team operations and performance. Work with the board to ensure
club goals and objectives are met.
● Act as team representative while attending LSC meetings.
● Maintain accurate records of individual and relay performances,
meet participation, practice attendance and more.
● Must be CPR/AED certified and maintain current coaching
certification as well as MSI credentials.
● ASCA level 3 (or higher) certification preferred.
● Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with
demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
● Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a
● High level swimming experience at the club and collegiate level.
● Familiar with Team Unify and HyTek.
● Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage
others to do the same.
● Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
● Effective communication with other coaches, athletes, parents and
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline: August 31st, 2015
ABOUT MED CITY AQUATICS
Our primary training facility is a newly renovated 8 lane 50 meter indoor
pool with moveable bulkhead. In addition, the facility will have a small
warm water pool for swim school use. We have recently partnered with
EXOS Sports Performance for a comprehensive dryland & nutrition
program for our competitive athletes.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Med City Aquatics.