Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston seeks Youth Swim Program Coordinator / Aquatics Director.
Major responsibility is to oversee the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events in the club’s aquatics program areas for youth ages 6-18. Additional responsibilities include the oversight of program staff and department budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In conjunction with department staff, provide a variety of programming options reflective of the BGCB Aquatics Program. The Director will also run individual programs, activities, trips, etc. Individual responsibilities include, but not limited to, oversight of open swim, swim lessons, swim team, and lifeguard training.
• Conduct CPR, First Aid and other trainings as needed.
• Manage and oversee BGCB program activity standards as determined each year.
• Supervise and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
• Develop and implement collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate. Participate in NENEAPC programs as appropriate.
• Coordinate partnerships and consultants who can offer specific instruction, support and guidance to members.
• Assessing our impact is critical to our work. All staff is expected to participate in various evaluation efforts throughout each program year, including the annual member survey.
• Orient, train and supervise department staff (including work-study students, junior staff, volunteers). Provide annual performance evaluations for applicable staff in a timely manner.
• Secure, maintain and monitor budget, materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s).
• Maintain a safe and clean program area(s).
• Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
• Travel between sites and to activities as needed
• Other related duties as specified by the Director of Operations.
GENERAL BGCB EXPECTATIONS
• Healthy Role Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to serve as healthy role models while working with our members.
• Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
• Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
• Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply at: https://bgcbcareers.silkroad.com/
Deadline: July 1st, 2015
ABOUT THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF BOSTON
Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston is a 501(c)3 whose mission is to help young people, especially those who need us most, build strong character and realize their full potential as responsible citizens and leaders. We do this by providing: a safe haven filled with hope and opportunity ongoing relationships with caring adults life-enhancing programs We serve approximately 15,000 children and teens, ages 6 to 18, in our Clubs, and through our programs and partnerships.Our approach focuses on six core initiatives: Arts; Education; Leadership; Life Skills; Sports, Fitness and Recreation; and Technology. During the summer, many of our Clubs run summer camp programs for children and leadership programs for teens. – See more at: http://www.bgcb.org/about-us/#sthash.Bv3UmpW2.dpuf
Swimming News / Swimming Jobs is courtesy of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston.