2016 Chinese Summer Nationals
- Ganzhou, China
- June 6th-9th, 2016
- 50 meter (long course) pool
- Live results (Choose “By grouping query results,” and “Session 8” from the first dropdown).
It will serve as a minor consolation after placing 3rd at this spring’s Olympic Trials, but on the 3rd day of China’s Summer National Championship meet in Ganzhou, Suo Ran came away with the title in the women’s 100 breaststroke.
She swam a 1:08.47 to win the race by half-a-second, which is within range of the times she swam in April. While her endurance held through to this meet, she didn’t have as much front-half speed to match the 1:07 she swam earlier this year.
In the men’s breaststroke race on the 3rd day of the meet, Wang Lizhuo swam a 2:10.95 to win the 200. That result follows his National Record in the 100 on Tuesday, and while the 200 time wasn’t a record, much like the 100 it was faster than he swam at the Olympic Trials. In April, he was only a 2:11.86, with the difference coming almost entirely in the 3rd 50 of the swim.
Aside from Lizhuo, most of the Olympic Team is absent from these summer National Championships. Other results from day 3 are below:
- Yang Jun Xuan won the women’s 100 fly in 59.76, beating out a 59.94 from Majie Yu.
- Wang Pudong won the men’s 200 fly in 2:00.50.
- Bi Wenxin won the women’s 400 free in 4:12.71.