Promoting his new reality series on E!, What Would Ryan Lochte Do, the 11-time Olympic medalist sat down with late night anchor David Letterman.
Out of this Letterman interview certain nuggets of truth were learned:
– IM means you swim every stroke in one race.
– Michael Phelps probably retired because of too much swimmer’s ear.
– A medley is also an opportunity to sing.
– “My god, you were in 3 Olympics! Were you aware of that,” asked Letterman? Lochte nodded yes.
– Lochte won silver in the 6-hour treading water competition.
– If Letterman had a pool, what would Lochte do? Answer: break records
– Letterman thought gymnastics was the most-watched Olympic sport.
– If Lochte’s coaches had it their way, he’d be encased in bubble wrap.
For the ratings breakdown of Lochte premiere episode go here.