SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Missouri State’s swimming and diving team will look to replicate its success from last year as the Bears compete in a double duel against Kansas and South Dakota Oct. 12-13 in Lawrence Kan.
Order of Events
200 Medley Relay
1000 Free (diving will start concurrently with this event: 1M Women, 3M Men)
800 Free Relay
200 Free Relay
400 IM (diving will start concurrently with this event: 3M Women, 1M Men)
400 Free Relay
Team Scoring: 9-4-3-2-1
Relay Events: 11-4-2
- Last year, Missouri State swept the double duel with the men taking down South Dakota, while the women beat out Big-12 member Kansas and South Dakota. The men tallied a 224-123 team score while the women slipped past the Jayhawks 188-164. Returners Josie Pearson and Libby Howell each had multiple first-place finishes. The men boasted six individual winners.
- The men’s and women’s teams both garnered runner-up team finishes at the Missouri Show-Me Showdown, collecting 357 and 511.50 points, respectively. Artur Osvath had Missouri State’s lone individual victory of the meet in the 100 butterfly (48.66). On the women’s side, Libby Howell garnered two individual runner-up titles for the women in the 200 freestyle (1:51.12) and the 500 freestyle (5:00.46).
- Minki Kang took the fourth-place spot with a time of 59:34.61, with only 17 seconds separating him from the top finisher at the CSCAA Open Water Championships. Sixty-two males made up the field of competition, and his performance helped the Bears earn a runner-up team finish.
- This weekend’s double dual is scheduled to begin at approximately 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 12 and will continue on Saturday, Oct. 13 at 12 p.m.
- Results will for the meet will be available on Meet Mobile. For all the latest information on the Missouri State swimming and diving team, visit missouristatebears.com or follow @MoStateSwim on Twitter.