Courtesy: Missouri State Athletics
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – For the third consecutive season the Missouri State men’s and women’s swimming and diving team heads to Lawrence, Kan. for the two-day Kansas Double Dual against Kansas and South Dakota, taking place Friday, Oct. 11 – Saturday, Oct. 12 at the Robinson Natatorium.
Order of Events
Fri (5 p.m.)
200 Medley Relay
1000 Free (diving will start concurrently with this event)
800 Free Relay
200 Free Relay
400 IM (diving will start concurrently with this event)
400 Free Relay
Team Scoring: 9-4-3-2-1
Relay Events: 11-4-2
Results available on Meet Mobile
- Missouri State’s women and men’s swimming and diving each claimed a second-place team finish among 11 in-state schools at the Show-Me Showdown, amassing 387.5 and 413 points, respectively.
- Reigning freshman of the year pair Pawel Krawczyk and Alex Thorson produced stellar performances in the 500 freestyle, with Krawczyk placing third (4:35.57) and Thorson taking fourth (5:05.54) in the long-distance event. The duo each tacked on an additional top-10 finish in the 200 freestyle.
- After claiming the 2019 Missouri Valley Conference championship title in February, the MSU women’s swimming and diving team was unanimously selected as MVC favorites in the preseason poll, collecting all eight first-place votes.
- On the men’s side, the Bears earned the top spot in the Mid-American Conference preseason poll, tallying three first-place votes and edging out Miami (Ohio) by two points.
- Last year, the men ran away with the 259-94 decision over South Dakota while the women split the dual, beating USD 255-117 and falling to Kansas 219-128.