La Salle vs. Fordham
- Saturday, January 22, 2022
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Results (PDF)
Courtesy: La Salle Athletics
PHILADELPHIA – La Salle swimming & diving capped their home slate for the 2021-22 season on Saturday afternoon, as the men celebrated their senior day by beating A-10 rival Fordham 150-136 while the women dropped a 183-115 decision to the Rams.
HOW THE MEN FINISHED:
- The Explorers started their morning with a win in the 200-yard medley relay, as Trenton Burr, Jason Rosales, Zachary Wolbert, and Zack Miller dashed to a final time of 1:34.50 for their first win of the day.
- Jake Kramer followed with a victory in the 1000-yard freestyle– the junior would add another win in the 500-yard freestyle.
- Liam McFadden was dominant in both butterfly events, taking the top-spot in the 100-yard and 200-yard fly.
- Wolbert celebrated his senior day with two wins as well, placing first in the 200-yard IM and the 200-yard freestyle.
- Burr and Rosales added solo wins as well, with Burr taking the top spot in the 100-yard back while Rosales topped the leaderboard in the 100-breast.
- Sam Henninger and Steven Stasolla took the top two spots in both diving events, while Fordham had nobody compete
HOW THE WOMEN FINISHED:
- Anne Moser got La Salle on the board first with a decisive-victory in the 1000-yard freestyle
- Fellow senior Sara RIzzetto picked up another win, leading the pack in the 200-yard freestyle. .
- Reigning Novacare Student-Athlete of the Week Sam Boyes touched the wall first in the 200-yard butterfly, her second-consecutive dual winning that event.
- Senior Phoebe Shaya added another three-meter win, earning a score of 285.45.
The Explorers will be back in action on Friday, Jan. 28 when they head to Monmouth University in West Long Branch, N.J.
Courtesy: Fordham Athletics
Philadelphia, Pa. – (Jan. 22, 2022) – The Fordham swimming & diving team was back in competition on Saturday morning, taking on Atlantic 10 rival La Salle in Philadelphia. The Rams just missed a sweep of the meet, as the Rams defeated the Explorers, 183-115, in the women’s competition, while falling on the men’s side, 150-136.
For the women, the Rams won 12 events on the day with Leire Martin and Becky Kamau each winning two individual events. Martin won the 100 (59.10) and 200 (2:04.17) backstroke events, with Kamau taking the top spot in the 100 (1:05.39) and 200 (2:20.60) breaststroke events. Both would also contribute to a win in the 200 medley relay, joining Jessica Zebrowski and Madeline Bergin to post a time of 1:48.46.
Zebrowski and Bergin were also a part of the 400 freestyle relay win with Vaula Vekkeli and Zoei Howard in a time of 3:34.39, and would also win an individual event on Saturday, as Zebrowski took first in the 100 butterfly (58.19) and Bergin won the 50 freestyle in 24.83 seconds.
The final event winners included Natalie Ortof in the one-meter dive (274.20), Emilie Krog in the 500 freestyle (5:07.50), Vekkeli in the 100 freestyle (53.81), and Ainhoa Martin in the 200 IM (2:05.31).
Over on the men’s side, Fordham won five events on the day, which started with Alexander Shah taking the top spot in the 50 freestyle in 21.83 seconds.
The Rams are back in the pool on Wednesday, January 26th, at Iona, starting at 5:00 PM.